Recently Canon has announced that EOS 5D Mark III will be launched at the end of March which is the latest model of the Canon’s DSLR series. Many professional photographers have already admired of this model as they see its image capture capacity. Its some unique features are full frame DSLR with a 22.3-megapixel sensor, a fast new processor, much-requested video fixes and additions.
Canon is proud to present the highly anticipated EOS 5D Mark III. With supercharged EOS performance and stunning full frame, high-resolution image capture, the EOS 5D Mark III is designed to perform. Special optical technologies like the 61-Point High Density Reticular AF and an extended ISO range of 100-25600 (expandable to 50 (L), 51200 (H1) and 102400 (H2) make the EOS 5D Mark III ideal for shooting weddings in the studio or out in the field and great for still photography. Advanced professional-level high definition video capabilities (that include a host of industry-standard recording protocols and enhanced performance) make it possible to capture beautiful cinematic movies in EOS HD quality. A newly designed 22.3 Megapixel full-frame Canon CMOS sensor, Canon DIGIC 5+ Image Processor and shooting performance up to 6.0 fps provide exceptional clarity and sharpness, even when capturing rapidly-unfolding scenes. Additional technological advancements include an Intelligent Viewfinder, Canon’s advanced iFCL metering system, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure mode — all of which that help make the EOS 5D Mark III the perfect multimedia tool.
- Newly designed 22.3 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L:50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light and next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points with f/4.0 lens support and 5 dual diagonal AF points (sensitive to f/2.8).
- iFCL Metering with 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p with 4 GB automatic file partitioning (continuous recording time 29 minutes 59 seconds), selectable “All i-frame” or IPB compressions, embedded timecode, manual audio level control while recording, and headphone terminal.
- Outstanding shooting performance: up to 6.0 fps continuous shooting using a UDMA CF card.
- Magnesium-alloy body with shutter durability tested up to 150,000 cycles, enhanced dust-and-weather resistance and updated EOS Integrated Cleaning system for improved vibration-based dust removal.
- Intelligent Viewfinder with superimposed LCD display with approximately 100% field of view, wide viewing angle of 34.1°, and 0.71x magnification.
- 3.2-inch Clear View II LCD monitor, 170° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure modes expand creative possibilities.
- Improved handling with the addition of new customizable controls, enhanced recording options with Dual Card Slots for CF and SD cards, Dual Axis Electronic Level and compatibility with optional Canon Wireless File Transmitter and GPS Receiver.
22.3 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
The EOS 5D Mark III features a newly developed Canon full-frame 22.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor that’s designed from the ground up to create high resolution, perfectly detailed images with unprecedented speed and clarity. A full 24 x 36mm, the sensor captures 5784 x 3861 large individual 6.25 µm pixels and has a much-improved S/N ratio resulting in better images from the start. A new photodiode structure with an increased photoelectric conversion rate increases the sensor’s sensitivity by approximately 2 stops over previous models, meaning higher ISOs with the lowest noise of any EOS digital camera. And a 2-line 8-channel simultaneous signal readout means speeds of up to 6.0 fps (RAW + JPEG) are possible.
14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400)
The EOS 5D Mark III not only offers 14-bit signal processing for excellent image gradation, it delivers higher standard and expanded ISOs, and a score of new options to enhance shooting in varied and fast-changing lighting situations. With a standard range of ISO 100-25600, the EOS 5D Mark III represents a 2-stop increase in sensitivity over previous cameras. Thanks to the improved signal-to-noise ratio of the new sensor and powerful noise reduction, the EOS 5D Mark III can shoot at expanded sensitivities down to ISO 50 (L) and up to 51200 (H1), and even 102400 (H2)! Beyond the obvious advantages of its wide ISO range, the EOS 5D Mark III has automatic ISO settings, found on the dedicated ISO menu. Minimum and maximum ISO settings can be specified, as can a user-defined range, plus full auto and manual.
DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and blazing processing speed
For a whole new level of performance, the EOS 5D Mark III uses a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor. Working with two 4-channel A/D converter front-end processing circuits, and delivering speeds of up to 6.0 fps (RAW + JPEG) and the DIGIC 5+ Image Processor improves data processing performance and features new algorithms that promote greater noise reduction at higher ISOs. In addition to conventional image processing functions the DIGIC 5+ Image Processor offers real-time compensation for chromatic aberration in both still and motion images. With the power of this processor, speed improvements are noticeable from the instant the camera is turned on and the stunning results speak for themselves.
iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layering metering sensor
The EOS 5D Mark III features Canon’s multi-layer 63-zone iFCL (intelligent Focus Color Luminance) Metering System that integrates the cameras AF system into its readings. By taking into account the color and luminosity surrounding the chosen AF point(s), this new system delivers an entirely new level of accuracy, especially in situations where the light changes quickly. The metering sensor enables evaluative, center weighted, partial and spot metering, plus offers 5-step exposure compensation for perfectly exposed images, every time.
|More Details Click.|
Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera
- Recording Media
CF Cards (Type I); Compatible with UDMA CF cards; SD, SDHC, and SDXC Memory Cards
- Image Format
Approx. 36 mm x 24mm (35mm Full-frame)
- Compatible Lenses
Canon EF Lenses (excluding EF-S Lenses)
- Lens Mount
Canon EF mount
High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
Effective pixels: Approx. 22.3 megapixels
- Total Pixels
Total pixels: 23.4 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio
3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System
RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter
Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally (At approx. 21mm eyepoint)
Approx. 0.71x / Angle of view 34.1° (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1 (dpt))
- Eye Point
Approx. 21mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction
-3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen
Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflectance ratio of 40:60)
More Details Click.
What’s in the Box
- EOS 5D Mark III Body
- Eyecup Eg (not shown)
- Battery Pack LP-E6
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- Wide Neck Strap EW-EOS 5D Mark III
- Stereo AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
- USB Interface Cable IFC-200U
- EOS Digital Solution Disc
- Software Instruction Manual
The 5D Mark III is estimated to cost around $3,499 (body only). The new DSLR will be available in the region at the end of March.
| « Previous
iOS App Store Hits 25 Billion Downloads
| Next »
MIT Researchers Plan To Make 100-Core Chips Silicon Simulator