The FH1 is the stripped-down version of the FH20, which we consider the best sub-$200 camera released in 2010. The FH1 features a 12.1 megapixel sensor, 5x optical zoom, 720p HD video, and the Venus Engine IV image processor…..
Panasonic introduces the new 2010 line of Lumix digital cameras, which includes the 12.1 megapixel Panasonic Lumix DMC FH1 digital camera. The Panasonic FH1 is a slim, pocketable camera that packs a 28mm wide-angle lens with 5x optical zoom. The new Panasonic Lumix camera can record High Definition video and is extremely easy to use thanks to iA (Intelligent Auto). The camera is compatible with Windows 7 and can take HD-quality still photos that fill a 16:9 HDTV. Users with a Panasonic Viera HDTV can enjoy a slideshow of photos simply by inserting an SD Memory Card into the HDTV’s SD memory card image viewer slot.
With the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1, consumers will be thrilled to see a small, easy-to-use digital camera that does not compromise on quality or advanced features. We expect first-time buyers who may not be as concerned with a long zoom, but who still demand high performance and ease-of-use will be drawn to the Panasonic DMC-FH1” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company.
The Panasonic Lumix FH1 camera features High Definition (HD) 720p motion jpeg video recording capabilities. By recording 1280 x 720p at a smooth 30 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480), the Lumix DMC-FH1 makes it easy to view videos on a PC or upload it seamlessly to YouTube with the bundled PHOTOfunSTUDIO version 5.0 software.
Panasonic’s popular iA mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically – with no setting changes needed by the user – makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. Panasonic iA includes the following: MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) to help reduce blurry photos due to hand-shake; Intelligent ISO Control to help reduce blur when the subject is moving; Face Detection to ensure registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected; and Intelligent Scene Selector which selects the best option from: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and newly-added Sunset. There is even a dedicated iA button, letting users engage easily with one click. The Panasonic DMC-FH1 also has a 2.7” 230,000-dot Intelligent LCD, meaning the LCD detects the lighting conditions and controls the brightness level in 11 fine steps, to display with the most appropriate setting.
The Panasonic Lumix FH1 includes the Venus Engine IV image processor, which features advanced signal processing technology to produce a fast response time. The shutter release time lag is approximately 0.007 second. The Auto Focus can lock on the subject in minimum 0.35 second.
Panasonic DMC-FH1 camera features:
Other features of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 digital camera include:
• Quick Setting – Allows the users’ most frequently-used settings, such as O.I.S., consecutive shooting, Auto Focus Point, White Balance – to be easily accessed through the “Quick Menu” button. There’s no need to open several menu screens to adjust them – the user simply selects convenient icons displayed on the menu.
• Scene Modes: Baby, Pet and Sports modes let the user choose the setting and the camera does the rest. Users can also record the name/birthday of a child or pet and embed the information in the photo and have it printed if desired.
• Photo Frame: Put attractive borders around the photo and when printed, the photos look like postcards in picture frames.
• My Scene – Lets the user customize specific Scene modes that they like best, so they can quickly and conveniently switch instantly to the mode
• Macro Zoom – Pulls subjects even closer by using 3x digital zoom, and captures even more dramatic close-ups.
• SDXC Computability – Compatible with SDXC Memory Cards, including Panasonic’s newly announced 48 GB and 64 GB SDXC Memory Cards – to enable high capacity content storage and fast data transfer speeds.
• Battery Life – Can take up to 310 images on a single battery charge.
Nothing head-turning there, but like the FH20, it just feels right: well-built and responsive, with image quality a touch above the similarly priced competition.The Panasonic FH1 will be available in silver and black.Panasonic Lumix FH1 is now only for $119.90.
- 12.1 megapixels
- 5x optical zoom
- 28mm wide-angle lens
- 2.7-inch LCD display
- 720p HD video
- Venus Engine IV image processor
- Captures to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
- Lithium ion battery
| « Previous
Web Browser Speed Test Between iPhone 4 vs Windows Phone 7 vs Nexus One[Video]
| Next »
Samsung Galaxy S User Unofficially Beats World Texting Record With iPhone 4 [Video]