After Siri Lock Flaw, apfeltalk.de forums user has reported a security flaw of iPad 2 with Smart Cover Installed anybody to access your iPad 2 without any Pass-code. Its present in iOS 5. and does not require any Jailbreak. Check the details with video how to do this below.
Thanks to our friend at 9to5mac to report this.
Check the video below with full demonstration
How to Access iPad 2 without Passcode?
1) Lock a password protected iPad 2
2) Hold down power button until iPad 2 reaches turn off slider
3) Close Smart Cover
4) Open Smart Cover
5) Click cancel on the bottom of the screen
What could happen?
1) Anybody could access your iPad 2
2) see your opened apps.
3) See your opened web page in Safari
4) Access all your photo, mail, apps, if you dont have apps secified pass-lock.
But user wont be able to change your Pass, but its serious flaw, and I personally its not only limited to Smart Cover, its Apple way of interacting apps with home screen lock. We hope apple find update fast.
By this time you could do this:
You can temporarily fix this bug by disabling Smart Cover unlocking in the iPad 2 settings menu under the General tab.
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous
Semi-Tethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 Device is Available Now
| Next »
Nikon COOLPIX S1200pj 14.1 MP Digital Camera With Built-In Projector