Google Catalogs recreates the catalog experience on the iPad, featuring digital versions of catalogs from retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Pottery Barn, Sephora and Urban Outfitters across six main product categories and the initial version of the app is targeted primarily at female shoppers, though Google has plans to expand its partnerships and include a wider range of catalogs. Current catalogs are apparel and fashion for men, women and children; beauty; jewelry; home goods and gifts, also Google promised to add more in the future…………..
Google has released a new app called Google Catalogs for Apple’s iPad and Google Catalogs will allow users digital versions of catalogs across many popular categories, including fashion and apparel, beauty, jewelry, home, kids and gifts. Google hopes to make the shopping experience using catalogs a lot more engaging, social and creative. Google Catalogs includes the following features:
- Interact: Zoom in to see products up close, tap on tags to learn more about an item or, in some catalogs, view inspiring photo albums and videos.
- Find products in nearby stores: When an item catches your eye, instantly find it in a store near you or tap “Buy on Website” to visit the merchant online.
- Express your creativity: Create a collage of your favorite catalog pages and products. If you need inspiration, you can check out collages created by others.
- Share with friends: Email a product or collage to all your shopping buddies.
- Get instant access to new catalogs: Add catalogs to your Favorites and get notified each time a new issue arrives.
- Discover new products and brands: Search for products within or across multiple catalogs to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Google has currently tied up with quite a few top brands at the time of the launch such Anthropologie, Bare Escentuals, Bergdorf Goodman, Crate and Barrel, L.L. Bean, Lands’ End, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom,Pottery Barn, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Sundance, Tea Collection, Urban Outfitters and Williams-Sonoma. Google will be adding more brands in the future. Google Catalogs is currently exclusively available on the iPad. Google has said that the app for Android tablets will be released soon. You can download Google Catalogue for iPad from the App Store using this iTunes link.
| « Previous
AT&T Installing 4G LTE In Apple Stores
| Next »
First LTE/HSPA+ Devices Coming To AT&T