Delivering the best multimedia experience ever on a BlackBerry smartphone, the all-touch, 4G-enabled BlackBerry Torch 9860 for AT&T offers a spectacular 3.7-inch touchscreen display–the largest ever on a BlackBerry smartphone. And with the latest BlackBerry Browser from the new BlackBerry 7 OS, you’ll experience remarkably faster page load times, seamless panning and zooming, and enhanced web-based video and gaming. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- 3G/4G HSPA+ connectivity
- BlackBerry 7 OS
- 1.2 GHz processor
- 3.7-inch touchscreen
- 4 GB memory + microSD expansion
- 5-MP camera + HD 720p video record
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Corporate/personal e-mail
- Bluetooth stereo music; 4 GB memory; HTML5 web browser
- Up to 6.8 hours of talk time, up to 333 hours (13.9 days) of standby time; released in November, 2011
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, stereo headset, polishing cloth, documentation kit
- Size (LWH): 4.72 inches, 2.44 inches, 0.45 inches
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
The 3.7-inch display makes your photos, videos, games and apps come to life in incredible detail for a rich multimedia experience. The Torch 9860 also boasts a 1.2 GHz processor and Liquid Graphics technology, which delivers a highly responsive touch interface with incredibly fast and smooth graphics. It’s also outfitted with a 4 GB internal memory that can be expanded via optional microSD memory cards up to 32 GB in size
Packed full of the latest mobile technologies, the Torch 9860 includes an augmented reality feature that uses the built-in compass (magnetometer) to display over 150 million points of interest, BBM contacts, and more. And BlackBerry’s universal search has been amped up in BlackBerry 7 OS. With speech-to-text translation, you can now look for files, e-mail, contacts and music–and even search the web–all without typing a thing.
With BlackBerry, on-the-go productivity is the name of the game. You’ll get access to the world-class BlackBerry push messaging service with access to up to 11 supported business and personal e-mail accounts, plus BlackBerry Enterprise Server support for corporate e-mail installations. The DataViz Docs To Go suite is pre-loaded for editing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere, and you can access BlackBerry App World to download more productivity apps (as well as games and more).
With AT&T’s 4G network, you’ll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T’s already fast mobile broadband network. This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Other features include pre-loaded social networking tools including Facebook and Twitter, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, multimedia player with wide music and video format compatibility, 3.5mm stereo headset jack, and up to 6.8 hours of talk time.
The BlackBerry Torch 9860 weighs 4.7 ounces and measures 4.72 x 2.44 x 0.45 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.8 hours of talk time, and up to 333 hours (13.9 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T’s dual-band 4G HSPA+ network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS) and single-band 3G connectivity (2100 MHz UMTS) when roaming in foreign territories.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T’s HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). See more about AT&T’s 4G service. Where 4G isn’t available, your phone will connect with AT&T’s 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded BlackBerry Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services.
BlackBerry 7 OS
- BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) allows you to send and receive messages in seconds as well as see when your contacts are typing. Swap pictures, videos, voice notes, and more (files up to 6 MB in size). You can even text non-BBM friends from the BBM screen.
- BlackBerry App World features a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- BlackBerry Balance separates personal content from corporate content, giving the freedom and flexibility to use the smartphone for personal e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, multimedia, games and other apps, while satisfying the need for corporate data to be highly secure and manageable.
- BlackBerry Maps lets you view maps and receive directions on your BlackBerry smartphone. Zoom or pan through interactive maps when looking for locations or directions, get easy-to-follow turn-by-turn directions, and send maps via e-mail or text messages.
Communications & Internet
- Personal and corporate e-mail access
- Compatible with BlackBerry Enterprise Server for advanced security and IT administration features within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
- HTML web browser (HTML5)
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- 1.2 GHz processor speeds up everything–from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 3.7-inch capacitive touchscreen (800 x 480 pixels, 253 ppi, 16 million color depth)
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- Optical trackpad
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, magnetometer .
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with 4x digital zoom, flash, face detection, image stabilization, geo-tagging, zero shutter lag, and multiple scene modes.
- HD 720p video capture
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- 4 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 768 MB of RAM
- Documents to Go mobile document suite lets you create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint docs as well as view PDF files.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
| « Previous
D-Link DXN-221 MoCa Coax Ethernet Adapter Kit
| Next »
Live The Internet With Karotz: The First-Ever Facebook Hardware