Folks at Rebug team have released Playstation 3 v3.56 spoofer that prevents your PS3 to be automatically updated to v3.56 firmware. This is NOT intended to access PSN online nor does it allow it. In fact, it is aimed at preventing accidental updating to 3.56 firmware.
From the developer’s blog:
3.56 Version Spoofer does exactly what it says and can restore back to 3.55 if needed. It was never intended to allow PSN access but to stop the system from updating to 3.56 (I made it shortly after KaKaRoToKS had his false alarm).
Once the PS3 is spoofed it will stay spoofed until it is uninstalled.
Press CROSS to INSTALL 3.56 Version Spoof
Press CIRCLE to UNINSTALL 3.56 Version Spoof
REbug team claims that PSN access is not present but ARVI at PSX-SCENE has come up with a way to use this with KMEAW jailbrokencustom firmware 3.55 by spoofing it to 3.56, and keeping the access to PSN.
How to retain/regain access to PSN
Works perfect on KMEAW 3.55 (Only tested on Kmeaw 3.55)
* lv2 Patcher needed until 3.56 spoof is supported in the game managers.
* PSN Enabled with F*CK PSN.
1. Start machine and install 3.56_Version_Spoofer.PKG (Dont run anything else first)
2. Goto Playstation3 folder in the Game menu & Run Installed PKG “3.56 Version Spoofer”
3. Once loaded Press x to install.
4. When the program prompts for a reboot, power of the machine without quitting back to the XMB.
5. Power on the PS3. (System now spoofed to 3.56, check System info to clarify)
6. Run F*CK PSN on PC/Laptop (Download & install F*CK PSN on PC/Laptop, point PS3 DNS 1 to Computer running F*CK PSN, point DNS 2 to your router or 1 of youre ISP’s dns servers)
7. Sign-in to PSN
8. If loading games from a manager, Install lv2.pkg then Run LV2 Patcher from the Playstation3 folder in the Game menu (needs to be run every time before loading game fom a manager until support is enabled by the devs)
9. Run Game from disc or Game manager and enjoy online game play.
TO REMOVE 3.56 SPOOFER
1. Restart PS3 (Dont run anything else first)
2. Go to Playstation3 folder in the Game menu & Run Installed PKG “3.56 Version Spoofer”
3. Once loaded Press O to Uninstall.
4. When the program prompts for a reeboot, power of the machine without quiting back to the XMB.
5. Power on the PS3. (System now back to 3.55, check system info to clarify)
| « Previous
Windows 8 Screenshot Shows Minor Improvement
| Next »
FaceTime HD 720p Video Chat Coming Soon To MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad