Gaming enthusiasts, like us, are quite familiar with 2009 game Borderlands. The first person role-playing game snatched the gaze of all the gamers at that time. Now Gearbox Software is going to launch the second installment of the franchise this September, called Borderlands 2. The game is scheduled to hit PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, but won’t be available in Nintendo DS or Wii U.
The story of the second game starts five years after the first one. Pandora is now controlled by a man named Handsome Jack. He claimed the wealth of the Vault and Hyperion Corporation. No one knows of his true intention. Players have to set on a quest to find out what Handsome Jack really wants and what his connection to Evil Warrior is.
Feature and Gameplay
- The game uses heavily modified Unreal Engine 3 which makes the graphic contents of the game really fantastic.
- Borderlands 2 is a first person shooting game just like the first Borderlands.
- RPG and Character Building elements are also be included in this game.
- There are two types of characters in the game. Players have to take control of four playable characters while non-playable characters gives order, shares information and assign quests.
- Each playable character has unique skills of his own along with his weapon of choice.
- Enemies here are intelligent enough to flank the hero, work as a team, climb to higher position, take cover, heal teammates, upgrade defense system and so on.
- Weapons are customizable.
- Four seated vehicles are modified in this game, which is completely new in the series.
- 3-branch skill trees, class-mods, and four-player online cooperative modes are returning in Borderlands 2 as public demand.
Development and Release
The game is developed by Gearbox Software, and published by 2K Games. The storyline was written by Anthony Burch. Game level soundtracks are composed by Cris Velasco, Sascha Dikiciyan, Jesper Kyd and Raison Varner.The game will be released only for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in USA on September 18, 2012, and in UK on September 21, 2012.
| « Previous
Backlit Displays Responsible For Delayed Sleep, Research Shows
| Next »
AZiO Levetron Mech5 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard