The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is the title of the new open world adventure game of the world’s best detective character. It will be released this year under the banner of The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes game series. According to Frogwares, the developer of the game, the game will feature the greatest adventure of Sherlock Holmes. And like the previous releases, the storyline will be completely original; having no connection to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s work, the author of Sherlock Holmes original book series. The game will be released on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 (the first one of the Sherlock Holmes Video game series to support PlayStation).
The story of the game begins in London in 1898. Sherlock Holmes solved a crime recently; but it appears, he did not completed his task. The Bishop of Knightsbridge was murdered during this process and all blame goes to the greatest detective on Earth. Even, the unshakable faith of Dr. J. Watson, Holmes loyal friend and companion, starts to fall. And Sherlock started behaving mysteriously with unannounced night escapes, evidences destroying and more. The inevitable questions arise. Has Sherlock’s mind got corrupted? Had he set his footstep in the pathway from the greatest detective to the greatest criminal? Why does he avoid Scotland Yard and raise more suspicion? Did he can kill someone? Or, was there some conspiracy against him? All the answers will be found in the game-The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.
Introduction of New Characters
The game is going to introduce a new character named Inspector Banks, from Scotland Yard. He is going to investigate the murder of the Bishop of Knightsbridge against Sherlock Holmes.
- The graphic content will be much higher than previous release.
- The environment quality and location details are enhanced.
- The 3D modeling of the characters is fantastic.
- The open world location setting is huge, in fact the game consists of 20 locations.
- The game is better, more fluid and interactive than any of its previous releases.
- The game is mostly puzzle centric, discover and analyze based.
- An optional point of interest indicator is included to help find clues.
- Functional sixth sense ability is also included to help out Sherlock to continue his mission.
- Different questioning approaches are also incorporated to make POIs off-guard and gain valuable information.
- Players have the ability to conduct open investigation, and decide which lead should be followed and which should be ignored.
- Players have the ability to handle clues; judge and inspect them; re-enact crime.
- There is a deduction system that is incorporated into the game through which players can make their own decisions of innocence and guilt of the suspects.
- Players have to take the role of Dr. Watson in some points in order to find out the reason behind Sherlock’s mysterious behavior.
- The game-play allows the players to toggle between 1st and 3rd person views.
- Players are able to search every inch of locations to find out clues for investigation.
- The game-play progresses as you gather clues and evidence in every form. You’re able to discover clues (e.g. written material and environmental clues) from actual objects that you gather in your inventory. As you gather clues, you eventually piece together the evidence to come to a deduction.
Previous Releases of the Adventure of Sherlock Holmes
- Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Mummy.
- Sherlock Homes and the Case of Silver Earing
- Sherlock Holmes the Awaken
- Sherlock Holmes Nemesis
- Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Riper
There is also an online game based on original novel- Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of Baskerville.
Development and Release
At a conference in E3 2011, the first trailer of this game was launched. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is developed by Frogwares, and was supposed to be published by Focus Home Interactive. However, in E3 2012, ATLUS confirmed that they achieved the right to publish the game in Northern American regions.
Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at ATLUS, said, “We are excited to continue our successful licensing relationship with Focus Home Interactive. Sherlock Holmes is an internationally recognizable brand and one of the most iconic characters in literature, not to mention one of the most enduring, as evidenced by the successful films and television series. We are pleased to be a part of bringing his most provocative, technologically advanced interactive adventure to North America for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners to experience.”
The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes uses Motion Capture Engine for Graphics development and 3D modeling. The game is scheduled to release in Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and as I’ve said earlier, for the first time in PlayStation 3, on September 26, 2012.
The game is available for pre-order at Amazon.
| « Previous
AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series GPUs Will Launch In 2013 With Upto 40% Performance Boost
| Next »
Google Adds Fully Functional 34 Button Scientific Calculator In Search