[GAME REVIEW] Orcs Must Die! 2 game is the sequel of Orcs Must Die, both developed and published by Robot Entertainment. The game seems quite funny to play. Especially kids will love it. The game is of third person action/tower defense genre. The game was released for Microsoft Windows on 30th July, 2012.
This game is the after events of the previous game. At the end of the last game the magical rift was closed. In this game a new rift is accidentally opened and our hero, the War Mage, finds himself fighting with new hordes of orcs. A Sorceress, once the queen of the orcs and an ex-War Mage, will be the partner of the hero in the combat with the orcs in co-op mode.
- Players are able to play the game in story mode where they will play in single player campaign mode, and in co-op mode where our hero will fight against the orcs beside the Sorceress.
- The campaign is based on brand new story plot featuring the after events of Orcs Must Die!
- There is a new feature called Endless mode where players can play against endless waves of orcs with an increased difficulty level.
- More than 20 types of enemies, 50 different traps, spells and weapons with about 225 massive upgrades and persistent traps.
- Kill streak, scoring system are also included in the game.
- The game is a third person shooting game comprising the ability to lay different types of traps to outnumber the hordes of orcs.
- The main game-play strategy of the game is to keep away and destroy the orcs before they cross a certain point of the level; here, it is the bridge; for escaping into the new world.
- Each time a player kills an orc, he or she will get a point which can be used to set more traps, buy upgrades etc.
I am now playing the game. Personally, I would like to rate the game average but funny. The graphics quality is not that much higher. There are some sort of works in lighting and 3D model of characters. However, I think the story-line is too straight forward. There is no twist in the plot. The mission objective is too simple.
The gameplay is just too easy. Kill more orcs before escaping point, gain more score points, use them to upgrade and set traps – same old story. Frankly speaking, I found the game funnier, even with the childish action sequences. Especially, the feature of traps where orcs are turned into chicken; that was funniest part in my opinion. But in some points, the game is sort of relaxing. Have not much to do, just kill. Choose locations to set traps according to environment, shoot them with gun or magic spear and make fun.
The sound tracks used in the game is refreshing. Although it has no hard-core action music, it comprises of funny elements. My verdict? Play the game and laugh. I would like to recommend the game for kids. the funny staff and use of intelligence to choose and set appropriate traps would engage the children’s minds into the game.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
Processor: 2GHz Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or ATI Radeon x1950 or better with 256MB VRAM
Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
Additional: Broadband Internet Connection recommended for co-op play
The game is available at Steam.
| « Previous
[Review] The Amazing Spider-Man PC Game: The Best Ever
| Next »
US Internet Users Viewed 36.9 Billion Online Videos In July: comScore