GAME PREVIEW- In Splinter Cell: Conviction, we saw old Sam Fisher set out for his quest to find his daughter Sarah Fisher and to make the score even over the Third Echelon. After that he vanished from the world. Ubisoft Toronto confirmed that Sam will come back in 2013 with his new third person action-adventure stealth game “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist”. And this time, he is more aged than Conviction but more dynamic, more fluid, and more brutal than the previous games.
The game’s story starts after the event of Splinter Cell: Conviction. Third Echelon has been terminated by President Patricia Caldwell after the attack in the White House in the previous game Splinter Cell: Conviction. Sam Fisher is now reinserted as the Commander in Chief of newly formed Fourth Echelon. Having all the authority and resources of the Fourth Echelon, Sam sets out for the quest of eliminating the growing threat of “The Blacklist”, a terrorist group formed by twelve national terrorists, as well as navigating and shutting down any remaining activities of Third Echelon.
* The game introduces new mechanics which is known as “killing in motion” that allows two marks, and executes and stabs an unsuspecting enemy in neck during close combat while running after emerging from a stealth position.
* The old “mark and execute” like Conviction is also available.
* Interrogation style will be more extensive and environment-oriented. Players can use more environmental objects and brutal methods to gain information during an interrogation.
* The Fourth Echelon has Mobile Headquarter other than the Pentagon Head Office in previous games.
* Sam can call in air strike to clear out the escape routes as he is the Commander in Chief of newly formed Fourth Echelon. The gameplay also include of UAV drones that can be used to gain intel on enemy position.
* Some features (e.g. last known position) of Splinter Cell: Conviction will also be included in this new game.
* Sam also has the ability to “kill and drag” in combat like the old school Splinter Cell.
* Sam’s goggles has new feature of inclusion of sonar beside night vision, so that he can see the enemy positions and movements while sitting in a cover position during daylight.
* The environment of Blacklist is extended heavily compared to previous games, having alternative hard-core stealth pathways. So, players can take several pathways to the location of objective and can engage with enemies directly or using stealth method.
* In the Microsoft Press Conference at E3 2012, Splinter Cell: Blacklist was revealed, that it would be integrating with Kinect.
* Actor Eric Johnson replaced the long time series veteran Michael Ironside for voice & motion duty capture of Sam Fisher.
* New characters like Isaac Briggs and Charlie Cole will be introduced in the new game.
* Anna ‘Grim’ Grimsdottir will return with Sam in “ Splinter Cell: Blacklist”
According to the press conference of E3 2012, Ubisoft uses Lead Engine (Modified Unreal Engine 2.5) in the game.
Producer Jade Raymond first announced “Splinter Cell: Blacklist” in November 2010, when the game was still unnamed. The game has been developed by Ubisoft Toronto and published by Ubisoft. The story of “Splinter Cell: Blacklist” has been written by Richard Dansky and designed by MaximeBéland and Alex Parizeau.
In June 4, 2012, at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft® unveiled that“Splinter Cell: Blacklist “ is scheduled to release on Microsoft Windows, PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring of 2013.
The game is available for pre-order at Amazon.
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous
Discovr People – Premium Social Networking App For iOS [Price Drop]
| Next »
Major Mayhem – Premium Shooting Game For iOS [Price Drop]