Sony not going to give us exciting news early, looking at these FCC documents. The two new SKUs, CECH-2101A and CECH-2101B, mimic the coding scheme of the current hardware, which is CECH-2001A and B. The alphabetical differentiation relates to different hard drive sizes inside, with 120GB and 250GB options available today and likely to be replicated in the forthcoming consoles.
Looking at the FCC’s radio testing, we find the same 802.11b/g and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR transceivers as are in the current Slim, leading us to believe the changes are elsewhere or, as PS3 News suggests, maybe Sony has just found new manufacturers for the same chips and had to run them through the validation committee again.
The two documents don’t detail any of the changes, though it looks like they’re physically similar to the current Slims available today. Bluetooth 2.0 and 802.11b/g Wi-Fi are both ever-present, but as for the other components? Start revving your Photoshop’s engine to send some “leaks” spiraling onto the gadget blogs.
The CECH-2000A is svelte charcoal black PS3 Slim sports a much smaller case and a 120GB Hard Disk Drive (HDD). The new PlayStation 3 Slim is slated for retail release on September 1, 2009, in North America, Europe/ PAL territories at a discounted retail prices (RRP) of US$299 and €299. The PS3 Slim will drop in Japan on September 3, 2009 (odd, in that Sony usually releases in Japan first), with a retail price of 29,980 yen (including tax).
Specifications, Details and Product Outline for the PS3-CECH-2000A
* Product name: PlayStation 3
* Product code: CECH-2000A (Charcoal Black)
* CPU: Cell Broadband Engine
* GPU: RSX
* Audio output: LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC.
* Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
* Hard disk: 2.5” Serial ATA 120GB
* Inputs/Outputs: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) x2
* Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) × 1, IEEE 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
* Controller: DualShock 3 Wireless Controller (Bluetooth)
* AV output: HDMI OUT connector, AV MULTI OUT connector, Digital out (optical) connector
* Resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)
* Optical Drive Maximum Read Rate: BD × 2 (Blu-ray/BD-ROM), DVD × 8 (DVD-ROM), CD × 24 (CD-ROM)
* Power: AC 220 – 240, 50/60Hz
* Power consumption: Approx. 250W
* External dimensions (excluding maximum projecting part): Approx. 290 × 65 × 290 mm (width × height × length)
* Mass: Approx. 3.2kg
* Included in Retail Box: PlayStation®3 system × 1, Wireless Controller (DualShock 3) × 1, AC power cord × 1, AV cable × 1, USB cable × 1
* Manufacture’s Note: This product (PS3 Slim) is not compatible with PlayStation 2 disc based games.
| « Previous
Want To Block FarmVille On Facebook? Here’s The Solution
| Next »
New TL500 and TL350 By Samsung