With Imation’s Link Wireless A/V Solution, you can now enjoy the freedom of wirelessly streaming content from your notebook and/or desktop PC/Mac to your television, projector or monitor. It also allows you to increase the size of your PC “desktop” by expanding it to a TV or projector. Imation’s Link A/V Solution utilizes a wireless USB-based connection, resulting in crisp, clean video displays. It supports both high-resolution video and audio and it’s easy to install – there’s no complex setup required, making it user-friendly and simple to operate. With faster data transfer rates than WiFi, you’re ensured strong and reliable wireless signals, lower power consumption and no WiFi interferences. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Enjoy wireless HD video (720P) and audio connection from your notebook and/or desktop PC/Mac to your television, projector or monitor. With the advanced chip set for 1080P for photos, you can also display still images and photos
- Imation’s Link AV Solution is simple and easy to use. With all the necessary drivers included on the USB transmitter, there’s no complicated network setup, and no downloading required. We also provide Mac support for this product.
- The Link AV Solution features a directional antenna for improved performance, enabling up to 30 feet of wireless line of site range. You’ll never experience WiFi interference.
- Enhance your viewing experience through our extended desktop mode feature. You can either duplicate the image on your PC in mirror mode on your TV, or drag windows from your PC to the TV to essentially create an extension of your PC “desktop.”
Operating System Requirements (PC and Mac): Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac 10.4+ (with Intel processor)
- HDMI digital video with audio support: 19-pin female HDMI connector/HDMI 1.2 (6-foot HDMI cable is included)
- VGA analog video with analog audio: DB-15 VGA connector, 3.5mm stereo analog audio jack; 32-bit True Color depth for high-quality images
Resolutions: Video resolution up to 720p; photo and graphics resolution up to 1080p
- Standard and wide-screen aspect ratios (4:3 or 16:9)
- EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) support
- VESA and CEA-861b resolutions
Minimum Monitor Requirements:
- Resolution of 640×480 (VGA) or better
- One HDMI port or one VGA port + analog audio jack
- HDMI includes full digital audio
VGA requires separate audio connection through 3.5mm jack
- Data Transfer Rate: Up to 220 Mbps via ultra wideband wireless technology
- USB Frequency Range: Uses Band Group 1 between 3.168 and 4.752 GHz in the United States; export versions use Band Groups 3 and 6 between 6.336 and 8.976 GHz
The Imation LINK Wireless A/V Extender requires DisplayLink software, which is available for both PC and Mac operating systems.
DisplayLink for Windows
DisplayLink software for the PC is already on the USB transmitter, ready to install. It is compatible with the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or 2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows XP Home or Professional (including Tablet edition) with Service Pack 2 or 3
Note: 64-bit editions of XP are not supported. No Windows Server editions are supported.
DisplayLink for Mac OS X
DisplayLink software for Intel-based Macintosh computers is provided on the included CD-ROM. It is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 2.25 x 9.25 inches; 0.3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: TBD
- Shipping: Currently, item can only be shipped within the USA
- ASIN: TBD
- Item model number: TBD
Go big. Go wireless.
The Imation LINK(TM) Wireless A/V Extender gives you the freedom of wirelessly streaming audio and video content from your notebook or desktop computer to a television, projector or monitor. It lets you expand your PC desktop to a TV set or projector. Using a wireless connection that does not conflict with Wi-Fi signals, the Imation LINK Wireless A/V Extender delivers fast data transfer rates for clear pictures and sound.
What I LINK:
- Stream YouTube(TM) and Hulu(TM) videos to your big screen at home.
- Display digital photos and videos to share with others.
- Take your computer gaming to a whole new size.
- Surf the web from the comfort of your couch.
- Make Skype calls through the audio and video on your HDTV.
- Show your business presentation to the whole conference room.
Imation LINK(TM) Receiver and USB Transmitter
Play well with others.
With the Imation LINK Wireless A/V Extender, you can send video at up to 1280×720 resolution from your PC or Mac computer, and show pictures and graphics at resolutions up to 1920×1080. Connect to any video display with an HDMI input, using the included HDMI cable, for full digital video and audio. You can also send video through a VGA connection and two-channel audio through the 3.5mm stereo audio output. Wireless USB technology lets you stream content at speeds up to 220 Mbps, without creating Wi-Fi interference.
Front and Back Views of the LINK Receiver
- 1. Power Indicator
- 2. Signal Strength Indicator
- 3. HDMI Digital Audio and Video Output
- 4. ASSOC Button (on bottom)
- 5. Power Input Jack
- 6. VGA Video Output
- 7. Stereo Audio Output
Get the whole picture.
The Extended Desktop Mode lets you drag any window from your computer screen to your TV or projector. Show one image on the big screen while you have another on your computer — perfect for giving presentations. You can also select Mirror Mode, which displays the same image on your computer screen and the big screen.
Extended Desktop Mode
How I LINK:
The Imation LINK Wireless A/V Extender is easy to set up and use. Just follow the directions in the Quick Start Guide to connect the LINK Receiver to the HDMI or VGA port on your TV or projector. An AC adapter and HDMI cable are included. Here’s a preview.
1. Install the software. Install the drivers from the USB Transmitter (Windows) or the included CD-ROM (Mac). You also get a full owner’s manual with clear directions.
Windows software is on the USB Transmitter. Mac software is on the included CD-ROM.
2. Set Up the Receiver. Locate the Receiver on the top or front edge of a stable object such as a shelf, TV stand or cabinet, up to 30 feet away from the Transmitter. Align the Transmitter with the shark fin on the Receiver. Using the included HDMI cable, or your own VGA and 3.5mm stereo audio cables, connect the Receiver to your TV, projector or monitor. Then plug the AC adapter into the back of the Receiver and into a powered outlet.
Use the included HDMI cable for digital video and audio, or a VGA cable and stereo plug for analog video and audio
Plug the AC adapter into the Receiver and into a powered outlet
3. Make your settings. Set up your DisplayLink software, and check the video settings in the Control Panel (Windows) or the System Preferences (Mac OS).
At work or play, maximize your computing experience with the Imation LINK Wireless A/V Extender.
| « Previous
Sony Bloggie Touch Camera, Up To 4 hours HD Video
| Next »
Mass Effect 3 – Game Review