Microsoft has been trying hard to expand the scope of its Bing Maps. For instance, it recently added 165 terabytes of satellite images to the repository of Bing Maps. Whereas Google Maps remains the most popular online mapping solution, Bing Maps have gained a lot of traction in recent days. Now, the company has released an excellent app called ‘Bing Get Me There’ for iPhone users.
For now, the app is available only for iPhone users. It is basically a travel app which helps a user navigate through London. The app is very detailed in that it gives door-to-door directions to the users. For instance, if you wish to move from one place to another in London, the app will furnish all the relevant data. It will provide you detailed directions using Bing Maps, show you the best route for your journey and also let you know the tube updates so that you will know what the best tube for you to catch is.
The name ‘Bing Get Me There’ has been aptly chosen since Microsoft claims that the app will indeed get you wherever you want to go in London. The highlighted features of the app are as follows:
– Plan journeys using Bing maps, the London Underground network, DLR, London buses and London Overground trains
– Full tube maps and live service updates
– Live departures and status updates by tube station
– Nearest tube/train stations (with map and walking directions)
– Set up favourite journeys with ‘live tile’ alerts on your home screen
– Weekend service updates – Offline access to tube maps (great for when you are on the tube)
The app is available for users of iPhone 4S, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS and requires iOS 5.0 or later. You can download it for free straight from the App Store.
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous
Developer Claims Android App Store Is Designed For Piracy
| Next »
iA Founder Praises Mountain Lion’s New One-Level File System