Double Across is a very attractive puzzle game developed by Sol Robots. This premium game was cost $.99 which is FREE now to download from iTunes store under game category for a limited time. This is a Multiplayer Crossword Game With Literary-Based Computer Opponents. Try this game now!
I have download this game in my iPhone 3GS and it runs great. This is a medium sized game runs in any iOS device. Very interesting Game and so addictive.Double Across is the exciting new word game for the 21st century; it’s designed for everyone who loves books, board games, or crossword puzzles. Double Across invites you to travel back in time to match the power of your vocabulary against such fascinating computerized personalities as Jane Austen, Mark Twain, Jules Verne, William Shakespeare, and Aesop. For an even greater challenge you and your friends can match wits with the incredibly powerful Mr. Genius. When playing against these built-in personalities, Double Across not only lets you exercise your vocabulary skills, it is also a delightful source of entertainment. Whenever you play a word that strikes their fancy, these characters wax romantic (Jane Austen), colorful (Mark Twain), philosophical (Jules Verne), poetic (William Shakespeare), or quixotic (Aesop) by proudly spouting off phrases and quotes from their published works.
The strategy is to construct new words of any length, one at a time, to build an ever expanding crossword composition. At the beginning of each turn a player has four minutes to make a word that intersects with as many existing words as possible.
• 1 – 6 Players (Play solitaire, play against up to five human or computerized friends using the same iPad, or play online against up to 5 human players*)
• Simultaneous Games (Play up to 15 games at the same time, using online multiplayer*)
• 6 Distinct Computer Personalities [AI’s] (Jane Austen, Mark Twain, Jules Verne, William Shakespeare, Aesop, and Mr. Genius)
• 5 Individualized AI Dictionaries (Author AI’s are restricted to using words from their writings.)
• Thousands Of AI Quotations (Author AI’s respond to words played by others with lines from their books, bringing out elements of Adventure, Philosophy, Science Fiction, Drama and Romance.)
• Uber Genius AI Included (Mr. Genius knows it all and plays it all. Watch out!)
• 47 Game Center Achievements Included.
• 15 Game Center Leaderboards Included.
*NOTE: Online multiplayer requires iOS 5 and a Game Center account. Game Center achievements and leaderboards require iOS 4 and a Game Center Account.
• 4 Unique English Dictionaries (American, British, Canadian, and Australian).
• Proper Nouns Optional (There are more than 3,000 proper nouns included, in such categories as: common first names, common last names, countries, states, cities, other geographical names, days of the week, months of the year, planetary bodies, constellation names, names of languages, etc.)
• No Need For Word Challenges (No penalties are assessed for trial words or misspellings.)
• Unlimited Letters (Each player starts with all of the letters they’ll need, and you can buy more.)
• No Forced Hard-To-Use Letters (You won’t get stuck with Q’s and X’s that you can’t use.)
• Blanks Unnecessary (Buy whichever letter you may need, including Q’s and X’s.)
• No Word Length Limit (Play words of any length.)
• Works With Hardware Keyboards (Use your Bluetooth or iPad Dock Keyboard.)
Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 3.2 or later. This app is totally free to download from iTunes.
Current Version: 2.0.1
Size: 52.2 MB
| « Previous
Nanowire Forests Using Sunlight To Split Water
| Next »
Metal Gear Solid HD Will Arrive On PS Vita This Summer