Apple has already released iOS 4.3.2. But some iPhone 4 users have reported that they are facing iTunes Error 3194. This error usually occurs while restoring or updating the jailbroken iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad to the newer firmware.
Whenever you restore a stock or custom IPSW of any firmware on your iDevice, iTunes request Apple servers to sign the IPSW with the ECID (Exclusive Chip ID) of your iDevice which is called SHSH Blob. As soon as new firmware gets released, Apple stops signing your ECID for old firmwares which result in iTunes 3194 error.
Steps to follow:
1. Download and install iTunes on your Windows machine.
2. Open Notepad with Administrator rights.
3. Now, click on File menu and open the ‘hosts’ file from the following path.
4. Copy this address and paste it in ‘hosts’ file.
5. Save the file on same location. Restart the computer.
6. Connect your iDevice to computer and try to restore or update it to the newer firmware.
Edit HOSTS File on Mac:
* Click Go -> Go to Folder and then enter path /etc
* Now open HOSTS file with TextEdit and add the following line with at the end of the file as shown in the screenshot below.
Once you are done editing, launch iTunes and restore the stock or custom IPSW.
| « Previous
World’s Smallest Vein Authentication Sensor Developed By Fujitsu
| Next »
VideoMask Allows You To Convert Any Image Into a Mask [App Review]