Intelliborn, developers of My3G have updated their jailbreak app to allow iPhone 4 users to make FaceTime video calls over 3G.
FaceTime is currently restricted to work only over Wi-Fi. Steve Jobs had mentioned during his keynote address at WWDC 2010 that Apple is in talks with carriers to bring the feature to 3G networks as well. But if you can’t wait and want to use the feature while your are on the move right now then My3G makes it possible.
My3G allows you to go around the iPhone’s limitations while on 3G/EDGE like no VoIP, no downloading of files bigger than 10MB from the AppStore or iTunes Store, low quality YouTube videos and no Sling player. It allows those things by tricking applications into believing they are on WiFi, even though they are on 3G or EDGE.
There are free jailbreak apps like VoIP Over 3G that offer similar functionality but it looks like they haven’t been updated for iOS 4 or iOS 4.0.1 so we would recommend users to avoid them until they have been ported and tested properly.
Features of RockMy3G :
- In-App popup request to enable/never ask for My3G to be enabled for that app
- In-App indicator when My3G changes the network from 3G to WiFi
- Ability to select which apps are My3G enabled and not.
- Default Apps – no configuration for the most popular apps!
- SBSettings Toggle! You can temporarily enable My3G for all apps or toggle back using your defined Apps list
- Dynamic enablement – Higher success rate (near 100%) then 3G Unrestrictor (which does one off solutions for apps). My3G enables 3G indicators more dynamically.
My3G is available to download from RockYourPhone price of $ 3.99. At the moment RockMy3G is available in RockYourApp Store only, and we may expect a Cydia release with in 2-6 hours because package is already submitted to Modmyi repo.
Check out the video below.
| « Previous
Apple iMac review
| Next »
Activate Emoji Icons On Your iPhone Using Free iPhone App