Replace your desktop PC with the Toshiba Satellite P305-S8915 laptop, featuring all the power and hard drive space you expect from a top-of-the-line desktop but in an easily mobile package. Stylishly designed, this Toshiba Satellite features a large, bright 17.1-inch XGA-resolution LCD (1440 x 900)–perfect for viewing multiple application screens or watching widescreen movies on DVD. It’s also great for using as a media center, with Toshiba’s unique Express Media Player enabling you to bypass the system and access CDs and DVDs with a touch of button. The dual-layer DVD±RW drive also burns CDs and offers LabelFlash print functionality. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Powerful notebook for multimedia and business with widescreen 17-inch LCD and integrated webcam with face recognition
- 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor, 64 GB solid state drive, 320 GB hard disk drive, 4 GB RAM (8 GB max), Labelflash dual-layer DVD drive
- Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth, 10/100 Ethernet, ATI Radeon HD 3650 graphics (up to 2301 MB total available memory)
- Connectivity: 4 USB (with 1 eSATA combo), 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 headphone (with S/PDIF digital audio out), ExpressCard 54/34, 5-in-1 memory card reader
- Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (64-bit version); Fusion finish with Horizon pattern
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Number of Processors: 2
- RAM: 4 GB
- RAM Type: DDR2 SDRAM
- Size: 384 GB
- Type: Serial ATA
Cases and Expandability
- Size (LWH): 11.4 inches, 15.8 inches, 1.38 inches
- Weight: 7.68 pounds
A 1.3 megapixel digital web camera built into the LCD’s bezel lets you quickly snap photos and participate in live video chats. The integrated webcam does more than just video chats. It includes Toshiba Face Recognition capabilities–the ultimate hands-free, hassle-free way to log onto your laptop. Just show your face to the webcam–no keeping track of hard-to-remember passwords and no unnecessary typing. And if you’re using one laptop for several users–say for the whole family or for a small business–Toshiba Face Recognition lets you switch profiles with one simple look.
It’s powered by the 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor, which boosts speed, reduces power requirements, and saves on battery life. It also offers a fast 800 MHz front-side bus speed and 2 MB L2 cache. It also includes Intel’s 5100AGN wireless LAN, which will connect to draft 802.11n routers and offers compatibility with 802.11a/b/g networks as well.
This Satellite laptop raises the performance bar by combining a 320 GB hard disk drive with a 64 GB NAND solid state flash drive–which delivers faster access times and data transfer rates. Other features include 4 GB of RAM (8 GB maximum), 5-in-1 memory card reader, 10-key keypad, ATI Radeon HD 3650 graphics with up to 2303 MB of shared video RAM (512 MB discrete), combo USB/eSATA port, HDMI audio/video output, and pre-installed 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 operating system. Additionally, this Toshiba notebook is RoHS-compatible, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Brilliant Fusion Finish
An advanced Toshiba notebook should be more than just a way to make mobile life easier. It should be a reflection of you, too. And this laptop offers the gorgeous new high-gloss Fusion finish with striking Horizon design pattern. It features a smooth, shiny palm rest and a recessed touchpad to that gives your notebook both a more streamlined look and more comfort when you’re clicking. Separate multimedia buttons let you launch your favorite entertainment right away as well as control playback–letting you start, pause, fast-forward and rewind almost with feather-touch operation.
- Processor:The Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor has a 2.0 GHz processor speed, fast 800 MHz front-side bus (FSB), and 2 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system’s performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)With two computational execution cores in a single processor, it provides greater system response when running multi-threaded applications simultaneously with no significant increase in power consumption. It’s optimized for multitasking and is ready to support the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. It can simultaneously run multiple demanding applications–such as graphics-intensive games or serious number-crunching business productivity applications–while downloading music or running virus-scanning security programs in the background. Some of the advanced Intel innovations of the Core 2 Duo processor include:
- Smart Memory Access: Improves system performance by hiding memory latency, thus optimizing the use of available computer data bandwidth to provide data to the processor when and where it is needed.
- Advanced Digital Media Boost: Effectively doubles the execution speed for instructions used widely in multimedia and graphics applications.
- Dynamic Power Coordination: Coordinates Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology and idle power-management state (C-states) transitions independently per core to help save power.
- Deeper Sleep with Dynamic Cache Sizing: Saves power by flushing cache data to system memory during periods of inactivity to lower CPU voltage.
- Hard Drive:This Satellite laptop comes with dual storage drives–a 64 GB solid-state NAND flash drive and a 320 GB SATA hard disk drive (with a 7200 RPM speed, which is usually found in desktops). Free of moving parts, your solid state drive is designed to last longer than a conventional spinning hard drive. And solid state drives are almost two times faster than conventional drives. You can load an entire game onto the solid state drive, then sit back and enjoy the fun with no gaps in the action.This SATA hard disk drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data–akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 4 GB of installed RAM (PC6400, 2 x 2 GB) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that’s shared with this notebook’s video card. It also offers a fast 800 MHz speed. This notebook has an 8 GB maximum RAM capacity. To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive:The dual-layer Labelflash DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs, CD-RW discs, and dual-layer (DL) DVD±R discs, which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data–great for backing up your MP3 collection or your most important documents. It features the following speeds: 6x for both DVD±R DL, 8x for both single-layer DVD±R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 5x DVD-RAM, and 24x/16x for CD-R/RW. It reads DVD-ROM discs at 8x and CD-ROMs at 24x.With the Labelflash functionality, you can burn high-resolution, high-contrast pictures on the label side of DVD discs using the same laser used for data recording. Enjoy transparency and high-quality not found in traditional printable media. All you need is a Labelflash DVD disc to start labeling without a printer.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a standard 104-key keyboard and electro-static two-button touchpad. It also offers CD/DVD media player and control buttons (play, stop, next, previous) as well as a volume control dial.
Screen, Video & Audio
This Toshiba Satellite has a 17-inch TFT display with a resolution of 1440 x 900 pixels (native 720p for high-definition viewing). It also provides TruBrite technology, which makes images brighter and more vivid thanks to its anti-glare feature. Video is powered by the ATI Radeon HD 3650, which provides 512 MB of discrete graphics memory as well as up to 2301 MB of total available graphics memory as allocated by Windows Vista. ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series graphics processors have breakthrough efficiency, with phenomenal performance-per-watt and energy-saving features. Advance to the next generation of gaming with superior performance, more lifelike graphics, superb lighting and support for the latest Microsoft DirectX 10.1. Smooth edges, sharp images, and complex facial and character animations make for an exceptional gaming experience that will keep you immersed for hours.
This notebook also features an integrated audio card and two Harman Kardon stereo speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with the integrated quad-mode Intel Wireless 5100AGN Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It’s also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range–great for closed office environments). The Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1 + EDR) enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
With USB Sleep-and-Charge support, you can use your Satellite M305 to charge your favorite portable electronic devices, even when the laptop is asleep. If you use a smartphone, you can just plug it in, power up and go without having to worry that you’ve got enough charge. It also includes a next-generation ExpressCard 54/34 card slot (though no PCMCIA card slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features.
It comes with an HDMI video output, which extends full 1080p support to HD displays as well as provides uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable. Here’s the full list of connection options:
- 4 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals–from digital cameras to MP3 players (including 1 eSATA/USB combo port)
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- 1 ExpressCard 54/34 slot
- Digital video out: HDMI
- Analog video out: VGA and S-Video
- 1 headphone jack (with SPDIF digital output for 5.1-channel surround sound)
- 1 microphone jack
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Ethernet connection
- 56K modem port (V.90)
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family’s use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Microsoft Works 9.0, Google Toolbar, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5, Norton 360 All-in-One Security (30-day trial), and Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60-day trial).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 15.8 x 11.4 x 1.5 inches (WxDxH, and it weighs 7.4 pounds.
It comes with a 4000 mAH (6-cell) lithium-ion battery pack for extra-long battery life.
| « Previous
Apple MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION)
| Next »
HTC Rhyme Android Phone By Verizon Wireless