You’ve got $500 to spend and you’re interested in getting some sort of gadget. What should you go for? Obviously, the answer will depend on your needs and tastes (or the needs and tastes of the person you’re buying it for). But it may be useful to consider a few different ideas. In this post we’ll look at some of the best mobile gadgets for under $500.
(1) The Kindle Fire – Amazon’s latest Kindle retails for $199, which is well under the $500 budget. Not only that, but some people are even saying that it rivals the iPad. Whether or not that’s true, it’s clear that the Kindle Fire is incredible value for money – it has a great screen and quality web browser and it’s easy to hook up and use with Amazon’s vast store of digital content. In addition, it’s extremely light and easy to hold and fits into your back pocket with ease. If you’ve ever wanted a genuinely portable tablet at an affordable price, the Kindle Fire is probably your best bet.
(2) The iPad – The Apple iPad hardly needs an introduction. Officially the best-selling gadget in history, the iPad is aimed at the higher end of the tablet market. Still, if you’re satisfied with 16GB, you can get the new iPad for $499 (just under our limit!). Alternatively, you could opt for a cheap ipad 2 for $100 less. In either case, you’re getting your hands on arguably world’s finest tablet – l
light, powerful and extremely versatile. And with an ever-increasing number of apps coming out, there’s almost no end to what you can do if you own one of Apple’s iPads. If you decide to go for the new iPad, you’ll be getting not only the highly-praised Retina display, but a more than passable rear-facing camera (5 megapixels to be exact) and the potential to connect to the internet over 4G LTE.
(3) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 – This popular, megazoom camera can be found for just under $500 and offers photographers on a budget something rather special. With an excellent feature set, HD 1080i movie recording and a great range of shooting options,it’s no wonder that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 achieves
four out of five stars on sites like Amazon. Sure, there are even more powerful cameras out there that do certain things better, but you’d be forced to spend almost twice as much. In short, it’s doubtful whether there’s anything as good in the under $500 price range.
(4) Blackberry Curve 9380 – This one may be considered a slightly unusual candidate for our list, but who wants to be predictable? The Blackberry Curve 9380 is a handy smartphone and proves that not all quality Blackberrys come with a physical keyboard. It’s affordable, thin and fits very nicely into your pocket. Whilst it may not have the cache of some other Smartphones (think Samsung or the iPhone), it’s good value for money and therefore makes our list.
(5) Apple iPod Touch – This quality music player is arguably Apple’s best iPod yet. Like the iPad and the iPhone, the iPod touch allows you to listen to music, take photos and play games on an impressive display. But it’s thinner than the iPhone and ultimately cheaper than both of the other Apple gadgets (since there are now ongoing monthly fees to pay). So if you’re looking to get into the wonderful world of Apple, but don’t want to shell out hundreds of dollars, the iPod Touch is an excellent entry point.
That completes our list. All of the five gadgets above can be purchased for less than $500 and all are excellent value for money. Whether you’re looking for a great gift or just indulging yourself, any of these devices can provide weeks, months and hopefully years of great entertainment and practical use.
Xavier Hernandez enjoys blogging about popular mobile devices and gadgets and sharing tips about great deals. He especially likes pointing out great gadgets on sale at reasonably low prices.
Image Credit: RoxAnneWilson.com
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous
JVC Declares RV-NB90-B Boombox Which Supports iPod/iPhone
| Next »
Apple May Report First Quarter Of 2012 With 33 Million iPhone And 12 Million iPad Sold