Want to know step-by-step guide to root Motorola Droid running Android 2.1 OS? Basically it will be easy as you know the right steps to root Android 2.1 in your Motorola Droid smartphone.
Rooting Android phones allows users to gain full access to the system files, including modifying firmware, system functionality such as firewall, and ability to install third party apps, themes and custom ROMs. In short, users can do whatever they want with the rooted Android 2.1 OS.
What are Needed to Root Motorola Droid (Android 2.1)
There are about 18 steps to manually root Motorola Droid running Android 2.1
18 Steps to Root Android 2.1
1. Connect your phone to the PC via USB connector
2. A “USB Connection” icon will be displayed on your phone, then open the notifications page >> click on USB Connection option with “Select to manager your USB connection” note.
3. Select Memory Card Access >> click OK
4. Now copy the update.zip to the root directory of the SD card storage device
5. Run RSD Lite on the computer
6. Power off the phone now
7. Press and hold the Up key on the D-pad and turn on the phone by pressing the Power button to start the phone in bootloader mode
8. A screen looks like below should be displayed on screen:
OK to program
9. In RSD Lite, the phone should be listed as “Connected”. Select the SPRecovery SBF file previously downloaded, then click Start button.
10. Now the phone will reboot automatically in bootloader mode, and start flashing the vulnerable recovery firmware. The process may take a while, and once the process is completed, the phone should start back up with RSD Lite showing a “Finished” and/or “PASS” status
11. Power off the phone for a while
12. Start Motorola Droid in recovery mode by pressing and holding the X key on the hardware QWERTY keyboard, and pressing the Power button to switch on the phone
13. Use the D-pad to choose Install
14. Use the D-pad to choose Allow update.zip Installation
15. Use the D-pad to choose Install SDCard update.zip (deprecated). 16. Wait till the process completes
17. Use the D-pad to choose ‘Reboot phone’. Wait for phone to start up
18. Now the Motorola Droid on Android 2.1 has been rooted successfully.
| « Previous
Motorola MILESTONE XT720
| Next »
Android PSX Emulator App