A new and improved version of the world’s most widely deployed DOCSIS cable modems. For the residential cable subscriber who wants a powerful modem capable of delivering a high-speed data service at blazing fast speeds. Building upon the success of the SB6120, Motorola’s SURFboard SB6121 delivers your complete personal media experience, at lightning-fast broadband speed. It harnesses the power of DOCSIS 3.0 technology to bond up to four downstream channels and four upstream channels–providing you advanced multimedia services with data rates of more than 100 Mbps in each direction. That makes gaming, shopping, downloading, working, high-quality voice and video conferencing, and peer-to-peer networking applications far more realistic, faster, and efficient than ever before. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
Easy to Set Up and Use
- Plug and play installation
- Front panel LEDs indicate status and simplify troubleshooting
- Multi-language user guides
- Supports standard internet software
- User-friendly online diagnostics
- Stylish and space-saving enclosure
- Offers innovative, high-bandwidth data and multimedia services to customers
- Backward-compatible to DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.x and 2.0
Advanced Services Ready
- DOCSIS 3.0-certified (EuroDOCSIS 3.0-based)
- Channel bonding of up to 4 downstream and 4 upstream channels
- 1 GHz capable tuners
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 to expand network addressing capabilities
Versatile and Convenient
- Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX computers.
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) data port enable flexible, high-speed connectivity with Auto Negotiate and Auto MDIX
Reliable and Secure
- Enhanced security: supports Advanced Encryption Services (AES) traffic encryption
- Remotely configurable and monitorable using SNMP and TFTP
As part of Motorola’s DOCSIS 3.0 Ultra-Broadband family of products, the SB6121 includes an enhanced tuner that supports up to a 1 GHz downstream input, which allows operators to increase the frequency spectrum for deployment of new high-value services–such as bandwidth on-demand, commercial services, interactive gaming, and IPTV. The SB6121 features a 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45) port, as well as intuitive, easy-to-read front-panel operational status LEDs.
The SB6121 is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista, Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows XP, Service Pack 2 or later
- Mac 10.4 or later (Ethernet connection only)
- UNIX (Ethernet connection only)
- Linux (Ethernet connection only)
What Is DOCSIS 3.0?
With the DOCSIS 3.0 specification, cable Internet providers can take advantage of the extra capacity provided by channel-bonding technology in order to offer ultra-fast broadband services. Channel bonding allows parallel data pipes to act as a single broadband conduit. With each channel capable of providing around 40 Mbps of data, the Motorola SURFboard SB6121’s four downstream channels can provide a theoretical maximum of 160 Mbps of throughput.
Currently, cable providers max out at around 50 Mbps of downstream data throughput, but DOCSIS 3.0 will enable cable Internet providers to continue to improve the speed of their networks.
That’s all about the Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. This Modem is available in Amazon.com. You can directly order or buy from here.
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8K 7.2MP Digital Camera
| Next »
Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800