Rand McNally’s TripMaker RVND 5510 promises RV-easy navigation, Robin Williams at extra charge and features RV-easy GPS routing, keeping you safe and legal on the road.This isn’t for supervans or campers, it’s for RVs and it also has over 14 million points of interest, helping you find everything from campsites to the nearest animal hospital………..
After extensive research and beta testing in the RVing community, Rand McNally has released the TripMaker RVND 5510 the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers.”We’ve listened carefully to members of the RVing community, who told us overwhelmingly that they would be interested in purchasing a GPS if it provided RV-specific routing, stops and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to see and do along the way. Our new TripMaker RVND line will solidly deliver on these expectations,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.Starting with a base of award-winning navigation from Rand McNally, the TripMaker RVND 5510 layers on all the information needed to have an enjoyable and safe trip in an RV. The routing includes legal (including propane and other RV-only), height and weight restrictions, right or left-turn preference based on eleven different RV types and a quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas. Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions keep the driver focused on the road ahead.
The TripMaker RVND features more than 14 million points of interest including festivals and National, State and Regional Parks. Other key information includes:
- RV Campgrounds, RV Dealers and Service, Parking and Rest Areas, Travel Centers with detailed amenities such as dump stations, propane availability and more.
- Detailed exit information and available amenities on upcoming interstate exits.
- RVer Tools such as Checklists for set up and take down, Maintenance Logs, Trails back to your campsite, and Quick Mileage Calculators.
- Pet friendly locations including parks, animal hospitals, and beaches.
In addition to routing and tools critical to RVers, the TripMaker RVND features Rand McNally Editor‘s Pick Content proprietary data provided by our editorial staff with video and photos! The content includes:
- Best of the Road three-to-four day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps and more to plan a memorable adventure.
- Regional Trips, Scenic Tours, Weekend Getaways, and City Trips.
- 12,000 researched locations that will make any trip exciting and unique.
- The Rand McNally Best of the Road program is also being featured this month in a promotion with USA TODAY (for more information, visit www.BestOfTheRoad.com), and in the recently released 2012 Road Atlas.
- The TripMaker RVND 5510, available in North America in June, is fully operational in English, Canadian French, and Spanish.
- Based on award-winning, professional-grade navigation from Rand McNally
- Safe routing of larger vehicles with eleven RV classes
- Prioritizes right turns
- Provides speed limit and sharp curve warnings
- Louder speaker, larger screen size, and oversized buttons developed for in-RV use
- Special “Breadcrumb Trail” feature tracks the route from the main road to your campsite for easy return
- 13,000+ RV parks and campgrounds with amenities such as dump stations, electric hook up
- More than 6,000 travel center locations with information on parking, dump stations, and showers
- 24,000 pet-friendly locations including animal hospitals, hikes, parks and beaches
- More than 150,000 places just off the interstate, organized by exit number – including propane availability, dump sites, RV parking, restaurants, emergency services, and more
- RV logs and checklists
Road Trip Suggestions:
- More than 14 million points of interest including festivals, parks, and other locations researched by Rand McNally editors
- 12,000 Rand McNally Editor’s Picks, including:
- Best of the Road 3-4 day adventures
- Regional trips
- Scenic tours
- Weekend getaways
- Top cities with video guides
Safe driving features:
- Warnings – provides user-set advance notice for tolls, speed limit changes, sharp curves, steep grades, dirt roads, and time zone and state border crossings
- Quick Planner – provides a quick calculation of time, mileage and cost per mile to the destination
- Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions – keeps drivers focused on the road ahead
- 3-D Junction Views – allows drivers to prepare in advance for an exit or highway split ahead
- Quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas by page and
- Virtual Dashboard – Charts progress and gives quick-view information on time zone and miles-per-hour, average speed moving, average time stopped during the past week or any time selected
| « Previous
Firefox Plug-In MafiaaFire Redirector To Be Illegal
| Next »
Snail Braille Reading Concept