website statistics

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Rate This)
Loading...

Although Apple has been working on multiple installation of renewable energy, the overall percentage of Apple facilities running on green energy is not too high. And that is precisely why Apple has been criticized in the past for relying heavily on ‘dirty energy.’ Now, it would seem that the company plans to change this.


Apple’s main data center is located in Maiden, N.C. The company has now revealed plans that it will eventually be running this data center entirely on renewable energy.

Currently, according to Apple, it is building two solar array installation in the area which, upon completion, will be able to furnish 84 million kilowatts-hour of power on annual basis, sufficient to fuel up the data center.

Another renewable energy installation that Apple is working on is bio-gas fuel cell installation. This, combined with energy from solar arrays, will be able to provide for about 60 percent of the total power required by the data center. The rest of the 40%, Apple says, will be acquired from ‘local and regional sources’ that are renewable.

Apple has started an all-new section of its environment-related website in which it posted all these details. Tech companies have come under grind from environmental activists over their use of dirty energy. The result is that the companies are moving towards a model where they provide most of the power required through clear sources. Apple sure seems to leading the pack with its extensive clear energy facilities and hopes that this does set a good precedent for others to follow.

Source: Apple

Courtesy: CNET

Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com


Netgear Introduced IEEE802.11ac Compatible R6300 Router And A6200 USB Adapter

iHome Announced iP76 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
You can also press the left/right arrow key on your keyboard to go to previous/next post
  On May 18, 2012(4 years, 2 months ago.)

You May Also Like:

What Do You Think?

Leave a Reply




Loading Facebook Comments ...

FTC Disclosure: Some of the links of this website are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.


Recent Search

Recent Tutorials

Pokemon Go users are complaining about the crashing and server issues. Check out the tutorial to solve error problems and thanks us later.
Turning off Wi-Fi Assist is a great way to save mobile data since it automatically starts using cellular data when Wi-Fi signal is poor .
If you want to secure your SIM card from others using it, then check out this tutorial to know how to set up the SIM Pin code on your iPhone.
CiderTV is a great alternative to control Apple TV from the Notification Center. Check out this tutorial to set up CiderTV on your iPhone.
Are you annoyed by the split screen mode on the iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus? Check out this quick tutorial to turn off split screen feature.
If you could not wait to installed the iOS 10 beta version on you iPhone and now struggling for the errors, then this tutorial is for you.
Siri might not understand the question you asked. But you can use Siri by editing the text that you asked & it will give an updated answer.
Perhaps, you are new Apple user and you might have no idea how to change name of your iPhone. Check out this tutorial to change the name.
Check out this tutorial to lock Android phone using PIN code, Password or Pattern. Following the easy steps, you can secure your smartphone.
If you could not figure out yet, how to save and send GIF from your iPhone, then this tutorial is just for you.
Close You Have To Login
User:
Pass:
Login With »Login With TwitterLogin With Facebook