Amazon and Newegg are the among the leading retailers in the US. Amazon continues to take the crown of being the top retailer while Newegg comes in second, although it was launched as recent as 2001. The holidays is the hottest season for nearly all online retailers with the sales boasted significantly throughout the winter holidays. Here we have the list of items which were the hottest sales during holidays on Amazon as well as Newegg.
Amazon is the top e-retailer in America. The most notable sales on Amazon this year have been Kindle Fire and the related products. Released a month or so before the holidays, Kindle Fire really was on fire during the holidays as it climbed to be the top-sold item on Amazon as well as Best Buy. The result of such rapid Kindle Fire sales was that the sales of Kindle books was also triggered hugely, resulting in a 175% growth in the sales of Kindle books, over one year. Here are some of the top-sold products on Amazon during holidays.
Amazon best-seller list:
– Electronics: Kindle Fire was the top sold item in the category of electronics. According to Amazon, it was selling one million Kindles a week during the holiday season.(Amazon link)
– Kindle Books: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and The Litigators (Amazon link)were the most popular books sold for Kindle devices during the holidays.
– Amazon App Store: Again, the top app that is trending highest in all app store available online – Angry Birds(Amazon link) topped Amazon app store too. Other top app store sales included Tetris and Pandora Internet Radio.
– Books: Steve Jobs, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and 11/22/63 were the top sold books during the holidays.
And now let’s take a look at the list of top-selling items on Newegg. Although Newegg is hailed as a general e-retailer, it’s main strength lies in tech-related items. Naturally, the top sold items on Newegg during the holiday season were different electronics and PC hardware items.
Newegg best-seller list:
– Laptops/Notebooks: 15.6″ Asus A53E-EH91
– Digital Cameras: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47K 12.1 MP
– Video Games: Xbox 360 250 GB Holiday Bundle which comes with the games Halo Reach and Fable 3
– Software: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit
– CPUs: Intel Core i5-2500K
The total sum of online spending that occurred during the holiday season mounted up to a whooping $35.3 billion within 56 days. It only makes sense when online retailers start offering the most lucrative of offers during the holiday season and use the most effective advertisement techniques to attract customers.
Image courtesy Galerie.
| « Previous
IT Support Support Guy Gets His Wings
| Next »
Get BDLot Video Converter Licensed Version For Free