Canon PowerShot G1 X is a advanced technologies compact camera with a large sensor, 4x zoom, optical viewfinder and packed into a metal body. The company says, they made this camera for photographers who already have a high end DSLR such as a 5D Mark II or 7D. The new 1.5-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor approaches an EOS DSLR’s APS-C sized sensor with a light-sensitive area that’s approximately 6.3 times larger than that of the PowerShot G12 digital camera.
The new 14.3 Megapixel sensor, combined with a new lens and DIGIC 5 Image Processor, creates the HS SYSTEM that delivers image quality previously impossible in a compact camera with beautiful blur, lower noise and extraordinary resolution in low-light shooting and can shoot at ISOs of up to 12800. The PowerShot G1 X also has 14-bit RAW capabilities for even greater creative control and Full HD Video recording. Manual settings and operability inherited from EOS cameras impart a high-level shooting experience, and open the door to new creative possibilities. Substantive luxury defines the design: a neatly clarified sculpture with a firm grip, huge Vari-angle LCD and optical viewfinder.
- A newly developed Canon 1.5-inch, 14.3 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates Canon’s HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including 14-bit RAW + JPEG, as found in Canon DSLR cameras for the ultimate creative control.
- Shoot beautiful 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- 4x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, plus a 28mm Wide-Angle Lens delivers exceptional image quality and allows you to capture more in your frame.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- Bright 3.0-inch Vari-Angle PureColor System LCD with 922,000 dots for shooting at a variety of angles plus an optical viewfinder.
- High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 6 frames* while maintaining superb image.
- Compatible with Canon Speedlite flashes for additional creative lighting options.
- Mode Dial and Front Dial provide intuitive manual adjustment.
- High Dynamic Range scene mode combines multiple shots into one picture showing greater image detail.
Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor brings phenomenal increases in processing speed and power. Improved chip architecture and algorithms deliver greatly expanded functionality with further refinement in image quality. Improved noise reduction produces clearer images when shooting in low light at high ISO speeds. Enhanced i-Contrast performance adjusts differences between light and dark areas to achieve even more natural-looking results. The faster processing speed also results in faster continuous shooting capability. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor also makes possible a new, highly advanced automatic white balance system. Whereas conventional white balance makes an overall adjustment based on a single type of light source, the new Canon Multi-Area White Balance analyzes several areas of the image to determine whether different adjustments are needed, for example, for the main subject and the background.
Canon 1.5-inch, 14.3 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
Canon engineers developed a sensor for PowerShot G1 X digital camera that is nearly the size of an EOS DSLR camera’s APS-C sized sensor, and built with a similar pixel structure – each pixel site is larger, allowing more light to be captured – giving the PowerShot G1 X a completely different level of image quality than compact cameras that have come before it. At 1.5 inches, the sensor is approximately 6.3 times larger than that of the PowerShot G12 digital camera. This heightened degree of sensitivity, along with 14.3 Megapixels, delivers several distinct advantages. Noise is dramatically reduced at high ISO speeds for clear low-light and nighttime shooting. Resolution at low ISO speeds is incredibly rich and precise. And, most atypically for a compact camera, the PowerShot G1 X digital camera allows you to create the intensely beautiful background blur that is the hallmark of DSLR cameras.
Canon HS SYSTEM
The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos in an even wider range of shooting situations. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: a high-sensitivity imaging sensor, which is able to capture more light; and the DIGIC Image Processor, which actively reduces noise with high-speed image processing. The 14.3 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor in the PowerShot G1 X incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity. The new DIGIC 5 Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable range to an amazingly high ISO 12800. The HS SYSTEM thus lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur.
More Details Click Here.
PowerShot G1 X 14.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera will be released on March 31, 2012. You can pre-order now at Amazon for $799.00
Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 4x Optical, 4x Digital, and 16x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device
|Type||14.3 Megapixels, 1.5-inch CMOS|
|Total Pixels||Approx. 15.0 Megapixels|
|Effective Pixels||Approx. 14.3 Megapixels|
|Focal Length||15.1 (W) – 60.4mm (T) (35mm film equivalent: 28 (W) – 112mm (T)|
|Autofocus System||TTL Autofocus|
|Optical Viewfinder||Real-image zoom viewfinder|
|LCD Monitor||3.0-inch TFT color LCD (Vari-angle type with wide-viewing angle)|
|LCD Pixels||Approx. 922,000 dots|
|LCD Coverage||Approx. 100%|
|Computer Interface||Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)|
|Video Out||Analog: NTSC or PAL, Digital: HDMI (HDMI mini connector)|
|Playback Time||Approx. 7 hours|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.60 x 3.17 x 2.55 in. / 116.7 x 80.5 x 64.7mm|
|More Details Click Here.|
What’s in the Box
- PowerShot G1 X
- Battery Pack NB-10L
- Battery Charger CB-2LC
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Lens Cap (with strap)
- Neck Strap NS-DC9
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
Canon accepts only pre-order now. You can also pre-order it at Canon for $799.99