Quite similar with the Lumix DMC-ZS10 Panasonic release another 14.1 MP Digital Camera Lumix DMC-ZS8. Almost same technical specification but a bit less then Lumix DMC-ZS10 that aslo cut the price lower. Panasonic’s Lumix DMC-ZS8 is the newest member of the acclaimed Lumix ZS-Series of digital cameras that has won worldwide popularity for its versatile lens from ultra wide-angle to long zoom. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more detail bellow.
- Powerful 16x Optical Zoom: The DMC-ZS8 features a powerful 16x optical zoom lens (35mm camera equivalent: 24-384mm). This gives you highly natural expressions from people and animals that you can’t get close to. It can also be used for shooting movies and is designed to suppress noise while zooming
- The 16x Optical Zoom Keeps the Subject Sharp While Giving the Background a Soft Focus: The DMC-ZS8 takes advantage of its 16x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 384mm). You can snap photos that capture the subject in a clear, sharp focus while giving the background a beautiful soft focus
- 14.1-megapixel High-resolution CCD: The DMC-ZS8 features a 1/2.33-inch CCD with effective 14.1-megapixel high-resolution
- What You Get with 14.1-megapixel Resolution: Images remain clear and sharp even when they are enlarged to A2 size (594 x 420 mm). An A2 photo is large enough to show a newborn baby or the head and chest of an adult in actual size
- Sonic Speed AF: The Sonic Speed AF system includes numerous re-engineering enhancements, including a higher-speed actuator, optimized algorithms and parallel software processing. The result is fast and accurate AF performance
- Brand Name: Panasonic
- Model: DMC-ZS8K
- Optical Sensor Resolution: 14.1 MP
- Optical Sensor Technology: MOS
- Optical zoom: 16 x
- Maximum Aperture Range: F/3.3-5.9
- Minimum focal length: 4.3 millimeters
- Maximum focal length: 68.8 millimeters
- Lens Type: Zoom lens
- Optical Sensor Size: 1/2.33″
- Included Flash Type: Built-in flash
- Display Size: 3 inches
- Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO auto, ISO auto (1600-6400), ISO 1600
- Image types: JPEG
- Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode
- Exposure Control Type: Candle, Beach, Transform, Snow, High sensitivity, Starry sky, Soft skin, Baby1, Baby2, Photo frame, Portrait mode, Aerial photo, Hi-speed burst, Film grain, Flash-burst, Pin hole, High dynamic, Handheld night shot, Party/indoor, Night portrait, Self-portrait, Pet, Scenery, Food, Fireworks, Panorama assist, Night scene, Underwater, Sports mode, Sunset
- Width: 4.1 inches
- Depth: 1.3 inches
- Height: 2.3 inches
- Weight: 6.6 Ounces
The Panasonic Lumix ZS8 also features the new Panasonic 3D Photo mode, which produces a realistic 3D photo by taking 20 consecutive photos and overlaying the two best images which provide a 3D image that can then be played on a Panasonic VIERA 3D HDTV. The format of the 3D image is compatible with MPO, and can also be played back on other MPO-compatible equipment such as a televisions, digital photo frame and printers. Panasonic also adds the Lumix Image Uploader for seamless and instant sharing via Facebook (for digital photos) or YouTube (for videos). Users can checkmark the photo or video files they want to share, connect it to a PC with the included USB cable or by inserting the SD memory card directly into the PC’s SD card slot, and then the uploading automatically launches with an easy-to-follow menu option.
Using the touch-screen, once locked on the subject, the Lumix ZS8 tracks the subject with the AF tracking function even if it moves. With the Intelligent Scene Selector in the iA mode, the Lumix ZS8 automatically switches to the appropriate mode according to the subject touched. For example, a touch on a human face switches to the portrait mode and a touch on the background or a landscape changes to the Scenery mode, while a touch on the subject close in the foreground changes to Macro mode. All menu settings are now available with touch control. The touch-screen operation excels not only for shooting, but also in playback, allowing the user to drag the images across the screen with a finger and browse the collection of photos as though flipping the pages of a book.
Newly adopted 14.1-megapixel MOS sensor and the advanced image processor Venus Engine FHD feature high speed, high sensitivity image recording to realize 1920×1080 full-HD movie recording and high speed burst shooting in high picture quality. It also compiles the Intelligent Resolution technology to perform optimum signal processing to give the entire image outstandingly natural clearness with fine details. The powerful 16x optical zoom–available while shooting videos–increases its power to 21x equivalent with the Intelligent Zoom function, taking advantage of Intelligent Resolution technology. The Sonic Speed AF also boasts approximately 49% higher speed compared to its Lumix ZS7 predecessor.
The Lumix ZS8 shoots 10 fps in 14-megapixel full resolution with mechanical shutter and 5 fps with continuous AF. Even higher speed burst shooting is available with Lumix ZS8 if the electronic shutter is used – 60 fps in 3.5-megapixel resolution. The Lumix ZS8 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full-HD movies. In addition to Motion JPEG images, the Lumix ZS8 can record high-resolution full-HD 1920×1080 60i videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The high frame rate of 60i excels in recording moving subjects with outstanding smoothness. The videos also come with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, to offer highly realistic sound.
Panasonic’s iA Mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically, has evolved for more powerful image stabilization while video recording and taking still photos with Active Mode which boosts POWER OIS to excel in suppressing blur when recording videos at wide angle while walking. New iA features include the Intelligent Handheld Nightshot, which creates a beautiful night scenery with illumination by layering the images shot consecutively. Furthermore, the Intelligent Burst Shooting automatically sets the frame rate of burst shooting according to the subject’s movement–whether it moves fast or slow–utilizing the mechanism of Intelligent ISO Control. Other features of iA include: Motion Deblur, POWER OIS, Face Recognition, Face Detection, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure. With iA, taking beautiful photos is possible for users at any skill level. In addition, the Intelligent Resolution technology is always activated in the iA mode, which helps produce even clearer photos by precisely performing signal processing, pixel by pixel, to help ensure clear and sharp images.
* iA mode including POWER OIS, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition, Intelligent Exposure
* Venus Engine VI featuring Intelligent Resolution
* 720p HD video recording in Motion JPEG
* Large 3.0-inch large 230,000-dot Intelligent LCD
* Manual exposure
* Lumix Image Uploader