Resident Evil is one of the most successful franchise of third person action games. The Resident Evil series is of horror drama genre packed with awesome gun fights and fantastic melee fights. Resident Evil 6, aka Resident Evil Biohazard, is the latest member of the series, to be published by Capcom. Although the PC release of the game has not been confirmed yet, the console versions will be released this October.
The game starts after 10 years of Raccoon City incident. The virus that destroyed Raccoon City has become a global threat. It is believed that the virus is key of current bioterrorist activities. Considering the circumstances, U.S. President Adam Benford has decided to officially reveal the truth behind the 1998 Raccoon City Destruction in front of press. But before the press conference, the venue gets exposed to another bioterrorist attack and the President gets infected. Not only that, the virus outbreaks in different areas of the world. Now it’s up to Leon S. Kennedy, former Raccoon City Survivor, and few others to find out who is behind these attacks.
Features and Gameplay
- There are four different storylines in the game. Players can choose first 3 in any order but the 4th will be unlocked only after completion of the first 3 storylines.
- The game uses latest version of MT Framework as game engine. Hence, the animation and 3D graphics is much fluid and dynamic.
- Just like earlier Resident Evil games, this game is a third person partner based action game.
- Each character in the game has different style of attack, weapon choice, melees and interaction style.
- There is no option of taking cover to make the game more aggressive.
- The game launches with a new kind of enemy called J’avos; unlike conventional zombies these new breeds are very intelligent,capable of planning attacks, work as groups, and use weapons to get the job done.
- The number of zombies are the largest ever – actually triple of earlier releases.
- Moving around during shooting has been newly introduced into the game.
- Single player, Multi player and Co-Ops mode will be available. Co-Op mode ca be played as both 1st and 3rd person view prospective.
Development and Release
The Resident Evil 6 is solely developed and published by Capcom. The development work began in the year 2010. Eiichiro Sasaki is the director of the game, and the game is produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Yoshiaki Hirabayashi. The levels are designed by Jiro Taoka and sound tracks are composed by Akihiko Narita. The game will be released in PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. Although the game will hit the consoles on October 2, it will be released in Microsoft Windows in a later date which is not yet confirmed.