AirPics is a very interesting app allows you to stream your iPhoto albums and smart albums from your Mac over your home Wi-Fi network! This premium app is developed by Yellowbek. AirPics now available in iTunes store for download under Photo & Video category.
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/airpics/id475202862?mt=8
This is a very tiny sized app so can very well in iPad devices. Very interesting home network sharing app and so simple to use. Now show off those artistic photos or reminisce over old family snaps by passing your iPad around. You can even email your favourite pic to those who have to have a copy. AirPics relies on a free server app running on your Mac, which optimises your photos for iPad browsing. You can download your copy of AirPics Server at http://airpics.yellowbek.com. Checkout the features bllow.
★ Stream your iPhoto albums and smart albums over your home Wi-Fi network.
★ Slick interface with super smooth photo browsing, optimised for your iPad.
★ Glide through your photos using the grid view.
★ Swipe through individual photos in full screen.
★ Fully supports portrait and landscape orientations.
★ Use the scrub bar to quickly move around your albums.
★ Shows captions from iPhoto.
★ Pinch to zoom.
★ Email your favourite pics.
• Your Mac and iPad must be on the same home network.
• AirPics Server must be running on your Mac whenever you use AirPics on your iPad.
• Designed for iPhoto ’11 (latest version) and Mac OS X Lion.
Things to note:
• AirPics streams only iPhoto albums and smart albums.
• AirPics is designed to stream your photos: you can’t view them “offline”.
• Photos in events can be viewed by creating a smart album.
• AirPics is designed to view photos; you can’t alter your iPhoto collection.
• Performance will be dependent on your home Wi-Fi network.
• AirPics Server optimises photos to max. 2.25MP, so zoom on your iPad may be less than your Mac.
• Not optimised for viewing on more than one iPad simultaneously.
• Emailed images are limited to 2.25MP.
Although AirPics Server does not change any photos or metadata in your iPhoto libraries, we recommend you backup your libraries before using AirPics, and on a regular, ongoing basis.
AirPics Server (and your iPhoto library) will be visible to all computers/devices on the same network. We don’t recommend using AirPics on public or corporate networks.
Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is totally free to download from iTunes.
Current Version: 1.0
Size: 0.5 MB