Apple first make us use MicroSIm on their iPad, now they made its essential on iPhone 4 too. MicroSIm is a very new thing, most of US citizen dont have it yet, and none of entire planet have it. So here we have gather a how to guide to help you convert your normal SIM to MicroSIM.
This whole guide is by Vinay, he posted it on iHackingTosh.com. All credit goes to him.
Let us clear the confusions of Sim, Mini Sim and Micro Sim. Sim cards we are using currently are called Mini Sim or second generation of Sim and Sim card we are talking about is micro SIM or third generation Sim. First generation Sim card was as big as credit cards that’s why second generation Sim are called Mini Sim.
Note / Warning :
1. Do it at your own risk and carefully because the chip is very delicate. It will be a bit harder to use the SIM so file the sim very delicately and try again and again.
2. The SIM you are using may differ in shape of the circuit from that used by us. Don’t worry about that and mind the circuitry gap.
3. Try with a useless SIM first.
- The first step is to get a card that allows access to the UMTS network.
- With a ruler / scale take measures to cut the SIM and mark with a pen. (12mm x 15mm)
- Mark the cutting line with a cutter and then bend off from same line, the plastic SIM is soft enough that it can be cut with scissors.
- Proceed to sharpen the edges of your new micro-SIM with File tool (Nail File). That’s it.
Your SIM should now fit in your iPad/iPhone 4 MicroSIM tray.
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous |
Prototype of Nokia Kinetic is out
| Next » |
Comex’s Spirit Like Tool To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod Touch 2G/3G Delayed