At last Redsn0w 0.9.7 b1 has released to support untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1.This beta version is currently compatible with iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G, but support for more devices is coming soon.Redsnow 0.9.7 uses the backup method, which the Redsnow calls “Jailbreak Monte” to achieve the untethered jailbreak state on the mentioned idevices.
From iPhone Dev Team official blog:
We’re about to release the first beta using this new “backup method”, which redsn0w calls “Jailbreak Monte”. Here are some important points:
* This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
* For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
* Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
* This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
* Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
* You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”.
* Please leave all feedback in the comments below (we really need your feedback to help develop it into a stable release!)
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 b1 for Mac.
Windows users will have to wait few more days to get the redns0w for their OS.
Click On Ads To Buy