The famous jailbreaking tool RedSn0w 0.9.6 beta to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G has updated by the iPhone DevTeam.Redsn0w can also be used to jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G.Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 still uses the same pwnage2 DFU-mode exploit that the Dev team have been using since the 2.x days. It does not include the SHAtter exploit developed by pod2g and nothing new is revealed to Apple with this jailbreak.
Note:Earlier also many jailbreak guides were floating around, but this is an official release by the Dev Team, so no worries. But this Redsn0w 0.9.6 will update your baseband leading to loss of current unlock. So until and unlock is released, it is better to stay away if you still need the unlock.
Follow the steps given below to jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6.
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta from here.
2. Download the iOS 4.1 firmware for iPhone 3G from here.
3. Update your iPhone 3G to iOS 4.1 using iTunes.
4. Launch Redsn0w 0.9.6 and browse to the iOS 4.1 firmware file.
5. Check the ” Install Cydia ” box and click ” Next “.
6. Now switch off your device but keep it plugged in to the computer
7. Now go into recovery mode by pressing the power and buttons for 10 seconds and then release the power button, but keep holding the home button until the iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 jailbreak process begins.
8. Now wait till Redsn0w jailbreak your iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1 firmware.
After the jailbreak, it will automatically restart and you will find your iPhone 3G completely jailbroken on iOS 4.1 firmware.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 – http://iphwn.org/redsn0w_mac_0.9.6b1.zip
Musclenerd is confirming that Redsn0w 0.9.6 BETA can be used to jailbreak iOS 4.2 Beta.
He tweeted –“Since some will try it anyway: this redsn0w will also JB 4.2beta1 by pointing it at the 4.1 ipsw, but it’s *very* broken (flickers, etc)”
If your iPhone 3G is already running Ultrasn0w carrier unlock, stay away from Redsn0w as it updates your baseband to the latest version, making it impossible (for now) to unlock.
You could always get support from UnlockAlliPhone.com about any Unlock & JailBreak issue of any model of iPhone including iPhone 2G,3G & 3GS and also upcoming iPhone 4. They provide Premium Members Support for life time. Means just pay one time a small fee and you will receive support(real human support – avg response time 2 hour) for all present & future version of iPhone.
| « Previous |
Google Docs Editing Coming Soon to iPad and Android
| Next » |
iREB 4.0 for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G Coming Soon Along With Sn0wbreeze 2.0 Jailbreak Tool