Apple introducing the new 13-inch MacBook Pro MC724LL/A. The state-of-the-art dual-core Intel i7 processor delivers up to 2x faster performance (over the previous generation of MacBook Pro). New Thunderbolt technology lets you connect high-performance peripherals and high-resolution displays to a single port, and transfer files at lightning speeds. And with the new built-in FaceTime HD camera, you can make astonishingly crisp HD video calls.This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more detail bellow.
- 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor
- 500 GB Hard Drive, 8x DVD/CD SuperDrive, 4 GB DDR3 RAM
- 13.3 inch LED-backlit display, 1280-by-800 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- High Speed Thunderbolt Port, FaceTime HD Camera, Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
- Hardware Platform: Mac
- Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
- Number of Processors: 2
- RAM: 4 GB
- RAM Type: SODIMM
- Memory Slots: 2
- Size: 500 GB
- Type: Serial ATA
- Speed: 5400 rpm
With the revolutionary Thunderbolt technology, you’ll be able to achieve bi-directional channels with transfer speeds to peripherals like external hard drives and servers up to an amazing 10 Gbps–while also connecting to a DisplayPort-compatible high-resolution display.
As with previous models, the MacBook Pro features a precision unibody enclosure crafted from a single block of aluminum, creating a thin and light mobile computing workhorse (less than 1 inch thin and just 4.5 pounds) that’s also highly durable. And it includes a 13.3-inch, LED-backlit glass display as well as a glass trackpad that doesn’t include a button (for larger tracking area) that features Apple’s Multi-Touch technology. You’ll also get up to 7 hours of battery life while on the go.
This version of the 13.3-inch MacBook Pro (model MC724LL/A) features a 2.7 GHz Core i7 “Sandy Bridge” dual-core processor, 500 GB hard drive, and 4 GB of installed RAM. Other features include integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics, ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth connectivity, an SDXC card slot, two USB 2.0 ports, and a FireWire 800 port . It also comes with the Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system as well as the iLife software suite, which includes the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with edge-to-edge, uninterrupted glass (1280 x 800-pixel resolution).
- 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 dual-core processor (“Sandy Bridge”) with 4 MB shared L3 cache for excellent multitasking.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory.
- 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Built-in FaceTime HD camera for video chatting
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Two USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port
- SDXC card slot
- Thunderbolt port with native Mini DisplayPort output plus support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control with support for inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Full-size backlit keyboard
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Dimensions: 12.78 x 8.94 x 0.95 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
- Meets Energy Star 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the MacBook Pro, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You’ll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub.
And because Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, you’ll be able to connect to a high-resolution display from the same port. Any Mini DisplayPort display plugs right into the Thunderbolt port, and you can also connect displays that use DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, or VGA connections with an existing adapter. You’ll also be able to include your display into a daisy-chained set of peripherals.
Next-Generation Dual-Core Intel Processor
This MacBook Pro is powered by a second-generation Intel Core i7 dual-core processor (dubbed “Sandy Bridge”), which provides breakthrough digital media management, content creation, and 3D gaming capabilities. With updated Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the latest Core i7 increases speed automatically for whatever you’re doing, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload.
Intel’s Hyper-Threading Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart multitasking. And you’ll enjoy a rich set of new features for a stunning and seamless visual experience with no additional hardware. The “Sandy Bridge” Core i7 processor also provides faster access to the installed RAM, with an integrated memory controller to connect fast 1333 MHz memory directly to the processor.
With new microarchitecture, the graphics processor resides on the same chip as the central processor and has direct access to the 4 MB of shared L3 cache–helping your applications run at peak performance. And an integrated video encoder enables HD video calls with FaceTime, while an efficient decoder gives you long battery life when you’re watching DVDs or iTunes movies.
Buttonless Multi-Touch Trackpad
With no button on the glass trackpad, there’s more room to track and click–left, right, center, and everywhere in between. Without a separate button, the trackpad gives your hands plenty of room to move on the large, silky glass surface. It also incorporates Multi-Touch gestures–including swipe, pinch, rotate, and four-finger swipe. And it also now supports inertial scrolling, an intuitive way to scroll through large photo libraries, lengthy documents and long web sites.