Designed with mobility in mind, Samsung’s durable, ultra premium, lightweight Series 9 laptop (model NP900X1A-A01US) offers mobile professionals and power users a sophisticated laptop equally suited for work and entertainment. Featuring a minimalist look that is both simple and sophisticated, it’s highlighted by a dramatic enclosure made of super-strong duralumin. This Series 9 laptop also includes a brilliant 11.6-inch LED display with HD resolution, 64 GB Solid State Drive (SSD), 2 GB of system memory, and built-in 4G WIMAX capabilities. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Highly mobile laptop with brilliant 11.6-inch LED display and dramatic, arching duralumin enclosure
- Powered by low voltage Intel Intel Core i3-380UM dual-core processor; 64 GB Solid State Drive; 2 GB of RAM
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0; WIMAX 4G capabilities
- 1 USB 3.0 port, 1 USB 2.0 port; MicroSD slot; 1.3-MP HD webcam; up to 7 hours of battery life
- Pre-loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) and Office Starter 2010
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard:
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Processor: 1.33 GHz Intel Core i3
- Number of Processors: 2
- RAM: 2 GB
- RAM Type: SODIMM
- Size: 64 GB
- Type: Serial ATA
Cases and Expandability
- Size (LWH): 11.7 inches, 7.8 inches, 0.62 inches
- Weight: 2.31 pounds
Burn through the hottest new digital media, content creation and advanced 3D gaming with the breakthrough performance of the ultra-low voltage Intel Core i3 UM processor–with 4-way multitasking processor power to work on four tasks simultaneously. The advanced micro-architecture powers smart performance while you get significantly faster performance by harnessing both speed and efficiency by using less energy.
Duralumin, the New Definition of Lightweight
The Series 9 laptop features the dramatic duralumin enclosure complete with arching curves and remarkable durability. Typically found in advanced aircrafts and offers construction quality, duralumin is twice the strength of aluminum, despite being light in weight–and helps keep the Series 9 laptop under 3 pounds.
The naturally flowing design takes cues from the sleek styling and sophisticated beauty of a premium sports car. The silhouette evokes thoughts of speed and performance with an ultra-thin 0.65 inch profile. Additionally, the naturally flowing arch maximizes the laptop’s ergonomic appeal, making it easier to use and a natural fit for the human grip. Elegant from every angle, the Series 9 also includes backlit keyboard, a brilliant LCD display screen and a large multi-touch SuperButton clickpad.
See Vivid Content, Wherever You Go
If you live for the latest HD movies and games, then Samsung’s SuperBright screen, with 340nit brightness, will transform your mobile experience. You can enjoy HD movies, games and other favorite media even when viewing in direct sunlight with no annoying reflections.
The 11.6-inch Series 9 has a state-of-the-art Intel Core i3 processor with Hyper-Threading Technology. This uses the processor resources more efficiently, enabling multiple threads to run on each core. It will enable better graphics and allow you to run demanding applications, simultaneously.
64 GB Solid State Drive
A 64 GB solid state drive (SSD) provides plenty of storage, lower power consumption and improved performance with less noise and heat output. The chance of losing data is also decreased due to the SDD having no moving parts. And it boots up 60 percent faster than a hard disk drive (HDD). You’ll get less power usage, faster data access and higher reliability.
Power Back up in 3 Seconds with Fast Start
You no longer have to shut down your Samsung computer, just close its lid and it goes into a special powerless sleep mode. When you open the lid your computer comes back to life in 3 seconds and you are exactly at the same place as when you shut the lid. Fast Start saves your data and system configurations to your hard drive and PC memory. So, when you power it back on it is just like you left it.
Longer Battery Life and Life Span
The Series 9 delivers mobility and freedom with its power efficient performance and extensive battery life of up to 7 hours. Its advanced Lithium-Polymer battery and Samsung’s innovation PowerPlus charging technology make the battery lifespan last up to three times longer than the typical notebook battery so you can keep going, without worrying how much battery life is left.
Samsung’s new multi-touch clickpad is stylish, user-friendly and convenient. It features a glass coating and image sensor, which means no more cursors disappearing or jumping around on the screen. This intelligent multi-touch gesture pad, which is located in the center of the palm rest, features 21 types of gesture support such as pinch, swipe, and rotate, and also has advanced 3D image sensing for intuitive navigation.
- 11.6-inch LED-backlit widescreen display with 1366 x 768 resolution and 340-nit high brightness.
- 1.33 GHz ultra-low voltage Intel Core i3-380UM dual-core processor for a fast, responsive PC experience (3 MB L3 cache).
- 64 GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 2 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (maximum capacity)
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 delivers built-in performance for casual and mainstream gaming with no extra graphics hardware needed.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capability provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It’s also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers).
- 4G WiMAX network connectivity (requires WiMAX mobile broadband subscription and available coverage; additional charges apply).
- Intel Wireless Display capabilities, enables you to easily stream videos, photos and music from your hard drive, home network, or the internet straight to your HDTV–easily and wirelessly.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity provides faster throughput while minimizing on power requirements. It’s compatible with new Bluetooth 3.0-enabled devices as well as backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as printers and cell phones.
- 1.3-megapixel HD webcam
- Built-in stereo speakers (1.5 W x 2) with HD Audio
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
- Weight: 2.31 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.7 x 7.8 x 0.65 inches (WxDxH)
- Warranty: 3-year international warranty, 24/7 US-based tech support, and two way free standard shipping.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
- 1 USB 3.0 port, 1 USB 2.0 port
- HDMI high-definition audio/video output allows a single cable to transmit uncompressed high-definition video to your compatible digital TV or external monitor.
- Microphone input port plus headphone output jack
- MicroSD memory card reader
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)