Toshiba release Satellite L655 15.6-Inch Laptop. Now study and play, the Satellite L655 laptop is a great choice, with its famous Toshiba quality, value and style, and a generous 15.6” diagonal TruBrite HD display.The new multi-core processors from Intel and AMD, plus lots of memory and storage, make it a strong all-around performer for students, small-business owners, families and light gamers, who’ll love its stunning Fusion Finish in a choice of colors. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more detail bellow.
15.6-inch widescreen HD TruBrite LED-Backlit display not only renders stunning visuals, but it’s more environmentally friendly as it uses less power (1366 x 768 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio).
2.53 GHz Intel Core i3-380M dual-core processor for a fast, responsive PC experience (3 MB L3 cache). It comes equipped with Intel HD Graphics, an advanced video engine that delivers smooth, high-quality HD video playback, and advanced 3D capabilities, providing an ideal graphics solution for everyday computing. Intel’s Hyper-Threading Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart multitasking.
640 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz; expandable to 8 GB)
Intel HD Graphics with 64 MB – 1274 MB dynamically allocated shared graphic memory.
8x SuperMulti DVD drive with double layer support and Labelflash printing, which enables you to personalize your discs and keep them looking attractive and organized with direct-to-disc laser printing.
Wireless Connectivity With its integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It’s also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers).
Built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio blends a suite of technologies to deliver a stunning audio experience from headphones or your laptop speakers. It analyzes audio signals and restores tones often lost in encoding, mimicking the same optimization techniques that go into tuning movie theaters and mixing rooms, resulting in brighter highs and deep, thumping bass tones. It also expands stereo signals to 6.1- or 7.1-channel playback for a listening experience that will have you talking long after the performance.
Included Toshiba Software:
- Toshiba Media Controller offers simplified media sharing. Using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, it lets you share videos, music and pictures from the media library on your laptop with compatible devices in your home entertainment network, or with other compatible laptops and devices, like an Xbox 360 game console. And you can do it all without moving equipment, burning discs or fumbling with cables.
- Toshiba Bulletin Board is an easy-to-use organizational and productivity app that lets you build your own personalized space on your desktop. With Toshiba Bulletin Board, you can quickly and easily manage your to-do lists and calendars, plus create your own custom work area by pinning your favorite photos, documents, links and more.
- Toshiba ReelTime helps you cut down the time it takes to search for files. The easy-to-use app takes traditional text-based file structures one step further to help you find what you’re looking for more quickly. Accessible from your taskbar, it shows you a visual timeline of your recently accessed files–using graphical thumbnails–so you can easily identify and get to your files faster.
Included Toshiba Utilities: Toshiba eco Utility makes it easy to go green as you go mobile. Hit the Eco Button and you’ll launch the Toshiba Eco Utility, which puts all sorts of easy-to-read information on your screen, and gives you the ability to adjust the power settings on your laptop. It also activates a light showing you’re in the Eco Mode. The Toshiba Eco Utility lets you pick the optimal power plan for your situation. Choose High-Performance when you need every watt you can get, Power Saver for the least energy consumption, or Balanced as a perfect blend of the two.
Up to 5 hours of battery life (6-cell battery)
Dimensions & Weight: 14.96 x 9.84 x 1.49 inches (WxDxH); 5.48 pounds
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion:
- 3 total USB 2.0 ports with 1 eSATA/USB combo port that enables you to connect to compatible external hard drives for lightning fast transfers of large multimedia files–up to 5 times faster than via a standard USB port.
- HDMI high-definition audio/video output allows a single cable to transmit uncompressed high-definition video to your compatible digital TV or external monitor.
- VGA video output (analog, RGB)
- Microphone and headphone jacks
- Multi-format memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- Intel Core i3-380M Processor 2.53 GHz, 3MB Cache
- Configured with 4GB DDR3 1066MHz (max 8GB)
- 640GB (5400 RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive with TOSHIBA Hard Drive Impact Sensor (3D sensor)
- 15.6-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite LED TFT display at 1366 x 768 native resolution (HD) with native support for 720p content
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with a 6 cell/48Wh Lithium Ion battery pack; Battery Life (measured by MobileMark 2007): 5 hours, 14 minutes
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard:
- Processor: 2.53 hertz Intel Core i3
- RAM: 4 GB
- Memory Slots: 2
- Size: 640 GB
- Manufacturer: Serial ATA hard disk drive
- Speed: 5400 rpm
Ports and Connectivity:
- USB Ports: 3
Cases and Expandability:
- Size (LWH): 9.84 inches, 14.96 inches, 1.49 inches
- Weight: 5.48 pounds
- Rated Charge (normal use): 5 hours