There’s no denying that the HTC One was among the leading handsets of 2013. So, Taiwanese company HTC had a lot of pressure to unveil its successor. However, lately, HTC has officially unveiled HTC One M8, the successor of HTC One and the specialty of this handset is it comes with two rear cameras.
HTC One M8 is made entirely of lightweight metal. The phone runs on Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) and has a screen of 5-inch which can provide a display resolution of 1,920 x 1,080p (full HD). You can unlock the phone by sliding a finger up the screen.
The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz quad-core processor and packs 2GB of RAM, a microSD card slot which can be expanded up to 128GB, and a Li-Po 2600mAh battery which lasts for around 20 hours. The front-facing camera of the handset is 2MP.
Although the phone has a 4.1MP rear camera, HTC has added an extra camera (5MP) at the back of the device to capture more depth information. In fact, this duo-camera set up has been designed to help people not only take better, clearer photos, but also refocused them using the device’s new advanced photo tools.
The phone comes in three colors – Gunmetal Grey, Glacial Silver and Rose Gold. And the handset has already been released in the UK.
Phones4U is selling the phone with 4G support for £42 a month (contract) or SIM-Free version for £529.95. On the other side, Three UK is selling it for an upfront cost of £49 and a choice of four different 24 month price plans. These start at £38 a month for 600 minutes and 2GB of data, up to £44 a month for all-you-can-eat data and all-you-can-eat minutes. Besides, Vodafone is selling the phone for £42 month on a Red 3G plan which gives you unlimited calls and texts. If you’re in the first 3000 customers you’ll also get a free HTC Boombass, but you’ll have to be quick! Carphone Warehouse is selling HTC One M8 for £42 a month with no up front cost. You can also buy it SIM free for £549.95. To get your hands on it just head to the Carphone Warehouse website.
Here’s the addresses of all the London stores you can pick up the HTC One M8:
- Carphone Warehouse: (Westfield White City, 4 Oxford Street, Westfield Stratford, 262 Oxford Street, 220 Tottenham Court Road, Selfridges)
- Phones4U: (127 Oxford Street, 399/405 Oxford Street, Westfield White City, 4/5 Tottenham Court Road)
- Vodafone: (341-349 Oxford Street, 474 Oxford Street, 106 Kensington High Street, Westfield White City, Westfield Stratford)
- EE: (110 Oxford Street, 155/157 Oxford Street, 291a Oxford Street, 393 Oxford Street, Westfield Stratford, Westfield White City – Units 2120 and 1156)
- Three: (257 Oxford Street, 160 Oxford Street, 423 Oxford Street, Westfield White City, 123B Kensington High Street)
- O2: (351 Oxford Street, 146 Kings Road, Westfield White City, Westfield Stratford, 145 High Street Kensington, 229 Tottenham Court Road)
Although, the phone has been released, it will be in the stores not before April 10. It is expected that in the U.S, HTC One M8 will cost about $200 to $250 with a two-year contract, or about $650 without a contract. It is to be noted here that HTC hasn’t announced the exact release schedule for other countries.