Sprint launches Novatel MiFi 3G / 4G mobile hotspot and it is a fast and easy way to get multiple devices online with Sprint’s unlimited mobile broadband.Sprint Novatel MiFi 3G / 4G will run you $79.99 on a two-year contract and comes packing Novatel’s rather novel MiFi OS which is actually a stripped-down version of LInux that lets you take advantage of various widgets and applications………
With the ultra-compact award-winning MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless, Sprint brings customers the portability of the MiFi design with one-touch connectivity for up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices, including tablets, eReaders, laptops or gaming consoles. MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot easily supports all the needs of a family household, a frequent traveler who wants to avoid Wi-Fi charges, or even a small business team with a form factor about the size of a credit card.Sprint is the first carrier to launch a 4G MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot preloaded with MiFi OS, widgets and application support, adding capabilities beyond just pure Internet connectivity and ensuring customers a reliable device that can easily be upgraded with the newest widgets and applications.Its predecessor, the MiFi 2200 by Novatel Wireless, was the industry’s first and leading 3G Intelligent Mobile Hotspot. This version with 4G accessibility offers download speeds that are up to 10 times faster than 3G service. It also features an intuitive external display with status indicators for battery, signal strength, GPS, roaming and number of connected devices as well as improved battery life and shared storage capability through a microSD slot for up to a 32GB memory card. It supports Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
As the 17th 4G-capable device announced from Sprint, MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot will cost $79.99 (excluding taxes) on a new two-year service agreement (or eligible upgrade). Starting on April 3 the device became available via Direct Ship, and will be available at all Sprint retail channels, including www.sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1 starting on April 17.MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot requires activation on a Sprint 3G/4G Mobile Broadband Plan starting as low as $49.99 per month. The device can be used on both the Sprint 3G and 4G networks. This flexibility allows customers to enjoy 4G performance in any of the 71 Sprint 4G markets or to use Sprint’s reliable, nationwide 3G network.
- WiFi Protected Setup enabled
- No software installation required, just plug in and connect
- Browser user interface for configuration
- Datalink 3G/4G
- Battery: 1500mAh – Over 4 hours of usage; 60 hours of standby time
- 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – Peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
- 3G data speeds (EV-DO Rev. A) – Peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
- Compatibility: Wi-Fi, Windows, MAC OS® , Linux
- Weight: 85 grams with battery (3 oz.)
- Antenna: Integrated Wi-Fi and GPS antenna
- Wireless Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
Click On Ads To Buy MiFi 3G / 4G