Android 2.2 Froyo update has officially been leaked for the Motorola Droid.Here’s the instructions how to manually install it.
Instructions to manually install Android 2.2 on your Motorola Droid:
2. Rename the file to update.zip (if you don’t see the .zip part of the file, it’s likely hidden and already in the correct format, so just name it ‘update’)
3. Put the newly renames file onto the root of your SD card (meaning inside no folders)
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery mode (Power + X)
6. Press the volume up and camera button at the same time for the text to show up (you may have to do this a couple of times)
7. With your D-Pad, navigate to “apply update.zip“, and hit the gold button to execute the command.
8. Let the update install, and reboot
9. You have Froyo!
If you don’t feel like forcing your Droid to update to Android 2.2, that’s fine too, as the official OTA is said to be hitting handsets this week. Just don’t come complaining if its been a week an you haven’t received it, OTA updates can take a while.
| « Previous
EA announces The Sims Medieval for Mac and PC
| Next »