Some O2 users are unfortunate that on updating to android 2.1 firmware Dell Streak is getting stuck on Dell logo on reboot.A specific version of Android 1.6 firmware locks up after upgrading to android 2.1.To get around this you need to flash to the stock O2 version of android 1.6 then run the upgrade to 2.1.
The complete procedure is given below.
1. Download Stock Android 1.6 Package using below link
Alternate Link 2: http://184.108.40.206/Falcon/DellStreak/Streak_104_4399_21.zip
2. Now copy above downloaded file to SD card and rename to ‘update.pkg’ (you will need to use a micro sd reader or potentially another phone that uses micro sd to copy the file on).
3. Now insert SD card to your Dell Streak (Make sure your Dell Streak is turned off while inserting SD card).
4. Now hold down both volume buttons on the phone and select the power button.
5. Now you will be presented with 4 options out of which Select “Update firmware from pkg”.
6. Allow the process to fully complete, The phone will reboot (takes about 5-10mins to fully complete and you should see O2 bubble logo).
If you want you may proceed with below method to update your Dell Streak to Android 2.1.
1. You can now either update directly through the prompt you get from Dell/O2 procedure to use. –http://www.o2.co.uk/dellStreakupdate
2. Or you can run the update manually. The file can be downloaded from http://mobileupdate.dell.com/latestbuild/LatestBuild_21.html
3. Download this, copy to the MicroSD card
and rename to update.pkg
4. Run the update the same as previously. Boom a working Dell Streak Android 2.1 O2 phone.
| « Previous
How to jailbreak PS3 Console with Palm Pre using PSFreedom
| Next »
New PadTab Mounts For iPad