The Archos 705 Wi-Fi portable media player lets you surf, stream, download and record movies easily for playback on the industry’s highest quality 7 touch screen. The 705 Wi-Fi is the only wide-screen portable media player that connects to the Internet for surfing the Web, accessing email and watching YouTube videos wherever you go. The integrated Archos Content Portal features thousands of movies, TV shows and songs for downloading wirelessly to the player, and an integrated TV Program Guide lets you record your favorite TV shows for playback wherever you go. The 705 Wi-Fi bridges the gap between the PC and the TV. For the first time, you can stream content from the PC or the Internet directly to the TV or the 705–all through a wireless home network. The touch screen features the highest resolution (800×480), and capacities of 80 GB and 160 GB that provide hundreds of hours of entertainment enjoyment. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
The Archos 705 delivers sharp visuals, Wi-Fi capabilities, and advanced audio/video playback.
- Robust and portable 80 GB multimedia device with Wi-Fi
- Download movies, TV shows, and songs via the integrated Archos content portal
- Surf the Web; share content; and view and post videos to Web video sites, such as YouTube
- Stream and watch videos from your PC
- Record your favorite TV shows
- Model Number: 501013
- Capacity: 80 GB hard drive stores up to 100 Movies(3), 800,000 photos(3) or 45,000 songs(3)
- Video capacity: Up to 100 movies
- Audio capacity: Up to 45,000 songs
- Photo capacity: Up to 800,000 photos
- Display: 7-inch TFT touchscreen (800×480 pixels), 260,000 colors
- Video playback: MPEG-4 (ASP at L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution), WMV (MP at ML, up to DVD resolution), H.264 with optional plug-ins (up to DVD resolution and AAC sound), MPEG-2 with optional plug-ins (MP at ML up to 10 Mbps (up to DVD resolution) and AC3 stereo sound)
- Audio playback: Stereo MP3 decoding at 30 to 320 Kbits/s CBR and VBR, WMA, Protected WMA, WAV (PCM/ADPCM), AAC stereo audio files with optional plug-ins, AC3 stereo sound files with optional plug-ins
- Photo viewer: JPEG, BMP, PNG
- PDF viewer: PDF
- Video recording: Via the optional DVR Station GEN 5 or DVR Travel Adapter; NTSC/PAL/SECAM to MPEG-4 SP files with ADPCM stereo sound
- VGA resolution: 640 x 480 at 30 or 25 fps, in AVI format
- Audio recording: Via the optional DVR Travel Adapter or DVR Station GEN 5; stereo line-in; WAV (IMA ADPCM or PCM) format
- Connections: WiFi (802.11g), USB 2.0 (mini B), USB 2.0 (Mini A), 3.5-millimeter headphone jack, docking connectors
- Battery life: Music playback time: up to 25 hours; video playback time: up to 5.5 hours on built-in LCD
- Power source: Removable Lithium-Ion Polymer battery, power adapter/charger
- Dimensions: 7.05 x 4.96 x 7.75 inches / 182 x 128 x 20 millimeters (W x H x D)
- Weight: 22 ounces / 630 grams
With 80 GB of built-in memory, the Archos 705 Wi-Fi portable media player lets you surf, stream, download, and record movies for easy playback on its crystal clear 800 x 480 7-inch full-color touchscreen. With its Wi-Fi capabilities, the 705 Wi-Fi connects to the Internet for surfing the Web, accessing e-mail, and watching Web-based videos wherever you go. Its Opera Browser plug-in puts Adobe Flash support on your Archos, which enables access to and use of Dailymotion and other Web video sites on your Archos device. You can even view and post YouTube videos wherever you have a wireless connection and your Archos.
To assist in finding new and exciting media, the 705 Wi-Fi comes with integrated access to Archos’ content portal, a service that features thousands of movies, TV shows, and songs for downloading wirelessly to the player. The player also sports an integrated TV program guide you can use to record your favorite TV shows for later playback. And because the device supports PDF files, you can kick back with an e-book in PDF format while on the road or review important PDF documents while away from the office. The 705 Wi-Fi supports MPEG4, AVI, and WMV video files and audio files in MP3, WMA, Protected WMA, and WAV file formats.
Bridging the gap between the PC and the TV, the 705 Wi-Fi allows you to stream content from a PC or the Internet directly to a TV or the 705–all through a wireless home network and an optional DVR station. It also features a sophisticated touchscreen, no-button design to ensure simple navigation with your fingertips or stylus. In the absence of a Wi-Fi network, content can be transferred to the device via USB 2.0. The player supports Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. The 705 Wi-Fi measures 7.05 x 4.96 x 7.75 inches, weighs only 22 ounces, and features a music playback battery life of up to 25 hours and a video playback life of up to 5.5 hours.
New widgets for the Archos 705 include a calculator, currency converter, unit converter, news, and weather (above) as well as a note writer and data vault (below).
New Free Widget Pack
Archos has launched a new widget pack that is free for the 705. A widget is a piece of software that adds new features to your player. It gives you fun, quick, and easy access to hundreds of tools, right on the device. The package contains seven widgets, including a calculator, a currency converter, a unit converter, news, weather, a note writer, and a data vault.
To be able to use the widgets, you need to purchase the Web Browser plug-in (about $30). Then, you can download the free widget pack via Archos.com.
New Dish Network Plug-in
With a new plug-in, you can transfer recorded movies and TV shows from your Dish Network set-top box directly to your Archos 705. Play back Dish Network-recorded movies and TV shows on the go or on TV–in DVD quality.
New Dish Network plug-in for the Archos 705.
Multi-language is supported. The plug-in is compatible only with Dish Network STB models 622 and 722.
The Archos Content Portal provides easy access to the latest movies, TV shows, and music directly to your Archos device.
The device comes with photo-viewing capabilities, supporting JPEG, BMP, and PNG files.