Panasonic’s Lumix DMC-FZ100 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 24x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD. Panasonics Lumix DMC-FZ100 features a newly-developed Leica DC Vario-ELMARIT lens with powerful 24x optical zoom. As Panasonic’s first hybrid compact digital camera with a MOS sensor, the Lumix FZ100 can record full 1080p High Definition (HD) video–giving you a powerful hybrid that can shoot video and still photos with ease and professional-like quality. The Lumix FZ100 has an incredibly fast burst shooting in 14.1-megapixel full resolution at 11 frames per second with a mechanical shutter, and increases the frames per second to 60 in 3.5-megapixel recording. Additionally, the Lumix FZ100 features continuous Auto Focus up to five frames per second at full resolution for great action shots. It also features Intelligent Burst shooting. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details below.
- 14.1-megapixel resolution; 24x optical zoom with 25mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens
- 1080i HD movies in AVCHD format; 3.0-inch free-angle LCD
- Intelligent Auto (iA) mode; new My Color mode
- Continuous Auto Focus up to five frames per second at full resolution for great action shots; capture up to 60 frames per second at 3.5 MP resolution
- Capture images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards (not included)
- Brand Name: Panasonic
- Model: DMC-FZ100K
- Optical Sensor Resolution: 14.1 MP
- Optical Sensor Technology: MOS
- Optical zoom: 24 x
- Maximum Aperature Range: F/2.8-5.2
- Minimum focal length: 4.5 millimeters
- Maximum focal length: 108 millimeters
- Lens Type: Zoom lens
- Optical Sensor Size: 1/2.33″
- Included Flash Type: Pop-up flash
- Display Size: 3 inches
- Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO auto, ISO auto (1600-6400), ISO 1600
- Image types: JPEG, RAW
- Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode
- Viewfinder Type: LCD
- Width: 4.9 inches
- Depth: 3.7 inches
- Height: 3.2 inches
- Weight: 17.5 Ounces
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Highlights
Intelligent Auto (iA) mode
Panasonic’s Intelligent Auto (iA) mode, a hallmark on all Lumix digital cameras, now includes Motion Deblur mode. By updating the motion detection (Intelligent ISO Control) and brightness control (Intelligent Exposure) users can gain the highest shutter speed possible. Combined with the outstanding brightness of the lens and the POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer), the Lumix FZ100 prevents any blur created from a handshake or a moving subject. The iA suite of technologies include: POWER O.I.S., Face Recognition, Face Detection, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure. Panasonic’s iA is also available while shooting video.
Free-angle 3.0-inch LCD
Featuring a free-angle 3.0-inch large 460,000-dot high-resolution LCD, the Lumix FZ100 features wide-angle viewing with Face Recognition functions that automatically remembers registered faces for future recording.
Intelligent Scene Selector
The Intelligent Scene Selector automatically selects one of 6 Scene modes to best suit the shooting situation.
Dolby Digital Stereo Creator
The Lumix FZ100 also features Dolby Digital Stereo Creator. This high-quality stereo sound offers realistic sounds and effects to any movie. For greater sound quality, the Lumix FZ100 has a newly-created port for an optional stereo microphone (DMW-MS1) and a Wind Cut function is available to drastically reduce background wind noise.
Record photos and HD video in AVCHD format
The Lumix FZ100 can record photos and HD video in AVCHD format on SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
My Color mode
My Color mode, first introduced in the Lumix G Micro Systems cameras, is a special option that gives freedom to the user’s creativity. With a variety of options including new Pin Hole, Film Grain, High Dynamic and High Dynamic B&W, the My Color mode makes it easy to create innovative images and videos using new intensive color, brightness and saturation levels.
- Bundled Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.2 HD Edition makes it possible to sort and organize photos. Videos can be uploaded directly to YouTube using the built-in YouTube uploader, while also letting the user create a 360-degree rotation panorama file in .MOV files. The software is compatible with the Windows 7.
- Happy Mode An option in iA that optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make both photos and movies more vivid and true to the color of the scene you memorized.