Panasonic Corporation formerly known as Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. is a Japanese multinational corporation headquartered in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan.Its main business is in electronics manufacturing and it produces products under a variety of names including Panasonic and Technics.
Recently it has expanded its popular LUMIX LX-Series portfolio with the launch of new high-end 10.1MP Panasonic LUMIX LX5 digital camera, which comes equipped with an ultra-bright F2.0 3.8x zoom Leica lens, ISO up to 12,800, HD video capture and new Venus Engine FHD triple-CPU processor to ensure superior photo quality, especially at night or low light conditions.
Features Of Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX5 Include:
* 3.0-inch improved LCD display with High CRI (Color Rendering Index) backlight LED for an added color reproduction
* Super-bright F2.0 24mm (ultra wide angle) LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens with 3.8x optical zoom
* Newly-designed Venus Engine FHD processor (triple-CPU inside) complemented with high-sensitivity 10.1-megapixel CCD image sensor
* Record (AVCHD Lite) 720p HD videos with interesting shooting modes like Creative Movie, supporting 3.8x optical zoom and Dolby Digital Creator
* Enhanced design with new-added turn-and-push jog dial and thicker grip
The new ultra-compact, high-performance Panasonic LUMIX LX5 that offered in two variants of colour – black and white, is slated to be available in late-August 2010 for around $500.