Sony Alpha SLT-A77 is one of the best DSLRs available in the market. This camera was announced on August 2011, and finally released on October 2011. From the specs of the device (which include 24.3MP image sensor, Translucent Mirror Technology, 12fps, OLED electronic viewfinder, Full HD Movie with AVCHD, Live View with Phase Detection, 19-point auto focus, 16-50mm zoom lens etc.), it seems to be capable of impressing many hard core photographers.
The Sony α77 flawlessly captures fast action and fleeting moments with up to 12 fps continuous shooting—all at full 24.3-megapixel resolution with uninterrupted auto focus. And packed with cutting-edge technologies—like the world’s first OLED electronic viewfinder and Sony’s award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology — it’s easier than ever to capture professional-grade photos that burst with unimaginable richness, clarity and detail.
Sony Alpha SLT-A77 is available at Amazon for $1,999
- 2nd Generation Translucent Mirror Design
Other DSLRs can shoot. Or they can focus with the speed and precision of Phase Detection AF. They cannot do both at once. Sony changes all that with the award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology system. It directs light to both the image sensor and the Phase Detection AF sensor simultaneously.
- World’s first OLED viewfinder
There’s never been anything quite like the Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder. For size, speed and brightness even after sunset, this is a gem. It begins with 2359K dots for amazing resolution and high contrast ratio for incredible depth. OLED reduces motion blur to a bare minimum. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with superb color and detail.
- World’s fastest up to 12 fps continuous
The translucent mirror makes it far easier to capture the decisive soccer kick or your baby at her absolute cutest. Shoots up to 12 frames per second at full-resolution 24.3 megapixels with continuous auto focus (AE locked after first frame). This is the world’s fastest shooting speed for interchangeable lens APS-C cameras, as of August, 2011.
- World’s shortest release time lag
Helps ensure that the image you want is the image you get. Once auto focus occurs, release time lag is the delay between fully pressing the shutter release and when the camera actually starts taking the picture. Long lag makes it harder to capture fast-moving objects. The Sony A77 boasts the world’s shortest release time lag at only 0.05 seconds.
- Sony Exmor technology
Conventional image sensors use only a handful of analog-to-digital (A/D) converters, which can slow you down. The Exmor sensor provides more than 5,600 column-parallel A/D converters. This helps enable continuous shooting at up to 12 frames per second.
- Face Detection and Registration
The camera can automatically detect up to eight individual faces and adjust focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of people. Can prioritize children or adults. Face Registration can remember friends and family members and prioritize them.
- Graphic Display
Clarifies the relationship between aperture and shutter speed, as well as the effect each has on photographic results.
- Up to 530 Shots of battery life
Take up to 530 shots on a single charge with Sony Stamina battery power. Sony’s InfoLITHIUM battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so you can keep shooting in confidence.
More Details Click.
- Lens Compatibility : Sony A-mount lens
- Camera Type : Sony A-mount interchangeable lens digital camera
- Imaging Sensor : Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Processor : BIONZ image processor
- Anti Dust : Charge protection coating on Low-Pass Filter and electromagnetic vibration mechanism
- Pixel Gross : Approx. 24.7 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution : Approx. 24.3 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor : 1.5x
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Type : 0.50″ XGA OLED EVF (Electronic viewfinder) (2,359k dots)
- Diopter Adjustment : -4.0m-1 to +3.0m-1
- Field of View : 100%
- Magnification : 1.09x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 )
- Flash Compensation : ±3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Coverage : FOV coverage up to 16 mm (in the focal length)
- Recycling Time : Approx. 3 sec.
- Flash Bracketing : 0.3/0.5/0.7/2.0/3.0EV steps, 3/5 frames(2.0/3.0EV : only 3 frames) selectable
- Flash Metering System : ADI flash / Pre-flash TTL / Manual flash
- Flash Modes : Auto, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Hi-speed sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable for Autoflash and fill-flash mode), Wireless, Off
- Flash Type : Built-in, Pop-up Auto
- Guide Number : 12 (in meters at ISO100)
- Lens Type : Standard Zoom
- Lens Mount Type : Sony A-mount
- Aperture (Max.) : f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : APS: 24-75mm (35mm Equivalent: 16-50mm)
- Filter Diameter : 72mm
- Lens Groups-Elements : 13 groups, 16 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1′ (30cm)
- Angle of View : 83o- 32o
- Aperture Blade : 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Distance Encoder : Yes
- Lens Weight : 20.4 oz (577g)
- Maximum Magnification : 0.2x
More Details Click.
The Alpha SLT-A77 is also available at Sony Store for 1999.99