Mac Mini MC438LL with Snow Leopard Server is specifically designed to be a server. This Mac Mini comes with unlimited client licenses and you can also access and swap files quickly and securely between Mac computers and PCs. Easily create full-featured wikis and high-quality podcasts. And automatically back up all your important data. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more detail bellow.
Serve It Up
The Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server is a great choice for sharing files, calendars, and e-mail amongst users in a workgroup or small business–whether it be on a Mac, an iPad, or an iPhone. It replaces the SuperDrive found on the standard Mac min with two 500 GB hard drives (for a 1 TB total), providing a wealth of storage for active files as well as backing up all your important data using Time Machine. And Snow Leopard Server is easy enough to run even by people who have never thought of running server software before.
Small Footprint, Excellent Versatility
Featuring a new unibody construction, the Mac mini reduces its footprint over its predecessor by 20 percent. It even houses its own integrated power supply into the 7.7-inch square aluminum enclosure (that’s also 1.4 inches thin)–eliminating the need for an external power brick (as the previous version of the Mac mini had). Additionally, the Mac mini helps contain your environmental footprint with a 10 watt power consumption–a 25 percent reduction from the previous generation.
But despite its smaller size, the Mac mini offers a full range of ports for connecting to your existing peripherals–from keyboards and mice to external hard drives and displays (now via the HDMI port). And when you’re ready to add more memory, the Mac mini’s bottom removable panel makes the upgrade process a breeze.
Intel Core 2 Duo Processing
Combining fast processing speeds with power-saving features, the Intel Core 2 Duo processor provides greater multitasking performance by combining two independent processor cores while also reducing power requirements and saving on battery life. This Intel Core 2 Duo processor has a 2.66 GHz processor speed, speedy 1066 MHz front-side bus (FSB), and 3 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system’s performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
High Performance Graphics
Powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card, the Mac mini allows you to view flawless video in full screen HD and play the latest games with fast frame rate. It’s a great match to editing video masterpieces with iMovie and managing your photos in iPhoto, and it comes with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM that’s shared with main memory.
* Fast 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor helps you breeze through everyday tasks such as emailing, web browsing, and working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in iWork or Microsoft Office for Mac (both sold separately).
* NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor (with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for an outstanding everyday graphics experience.
* Dual 500 GB hard drives (7200 RPM)
* 4 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
* Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
* Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones.
* Four USB 2.0 ports
* One FireWire 800 port
* HDMI audio/video output with support for up to 1920-by-1200 resolution and multichannel audio output (included adapter for DVI output).
* Mini DisplayPort video output with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution (optional adapter for VGA output).
* Combined optical digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
* Secure Digital (SD) memory card slot
* Dimensions: 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches (WxDxH)
* Weight: 2.8 pounds
What’s in the Box
Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server; power cord; HDMI to DVI Adapter; install/restore DVDs; printed and electronic documentation