Nokia’s city navigation app named Transit is now available as beta to Asha touchscreen phones. Nokia is already using this technology on their Windows Phone and Symbian devices. With this app one can plan trips across multiple public transport routes, save particular journeys, as well as research departure and arrival times.
Nokia Beta labs lists the features of the app on its page (you can see those below).
- Search for public transport stations/stops, addresses and POIs.
- Choose from multiple routes and follow the list of directions for buses, trams, underground or trains.
- Get earlier/later journeys.
- Have your favourite destinations saved to future use on your journeys.
- Have your favorite journeys saved for offline usage, saving time and money on data plans.
- Find nearby stations, departure times and even types of transit lines available around your location.
- View detailed line stops and times before you get off.
This app works with the Nokia Asha 305, Nokia Asha 306, Nokia Asha 308, Nokia Asha 309 and Nokia Asha 311. This is the first location app that Nokia brought for its Asha series devices.