Resistance 3 is the 2011 release in Sony’s flagship Resistance First-Person Shooter game franchise for play exclusively on PlayStation 3. Picking up right where Resistance 2 left off, players follow the adventures of Joseph Capelli — introduced in the previous game — in a desperate effort to turn the tide against the ever-strengthening Chimeran horde. Features include: PlayStation Move support, a large and strategic weapons arsenal, smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies and deep multiplayer options including co-op online and offline as well as progression based 16-player online multiplayer. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Journey as mankind’s last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City
- A fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger and a new weapon upgrade system
- Fully featured offline and online cooperative modes that let you share the experience
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies and experience new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience
- Hardware accessories included in the Doomsday Edition provide full access to the game’s PlayStation 3 functionality
It’s August 1957, four years after the conclusion of the event of Resistance 2 which left Lieutenant Nathan Hale dead on the battlefield against the invading Chimeran race and Joseph Capelli dishonorably discharged from the US Army for killing Hale. With the Chimera completely occupying the planet, Capelli has given up on the seemingly hopeless fight and has retreated into hiding underground with his wife and young son in Haven, Oklahoma. But as the climate of the planet continues to collapse, scientist Dr. Fyodor Malikov finds Capelli with a plan to deliver a devastating blow against the occupying Chimeran force. In order to protect his family, Capelli must leave them behind and embark on a harrowing mission across the country to New York City. Along the way, he and Malikov will encounter the survivors and remnants left in the aftermath of the brutal Chimeran invasion.
A Complete Multiplayer Gameplay Experience
In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 3 offers a complete multiplayer gaming experience to share with friends around the corner or around the world. This includes two-player online or split-screen co-op through the single-player campaign and a new, focused progression-based multiplayer experience online that supports up to 16 players.
The Resistance 3: Doomsday Edition Includes
Key Game Features
- Journey as mankind’s last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City.
- Resistance 3 returns with a fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger, Rossmore, and Marksman, and increase the firepower of each with a new weapon upgrade system. With the return of the fan-favorite weapon wheel, players now have access to the entire sandbox of weaponry, giving them strategic choices for any situation they encounter.
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies – due to Insomniac’s new awareness and cinematic traversal technology that gives the Chimera the ability to traverse any environment to reach you: nowhere is safe. Newly evolved Chimeran species – such as the powerful, leaping Longlegs – are larger and more deadly than ever.
- Two-player online and local/split-screen co-op gameplay allows players to team up with a friend during Capelli’s journey to New York.
- A new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience builds on Insomniac’s multiplayer pedigree, while allowing players to take part in the global resistance by battling in locations set around the globe.