Factorial Ltd has announced the release and immediate availability of ClipTouch 1.0 for iPad. ClipTouch is your Final Cut Server client for the iPad. It connects directly to any Final Cut Server (v1.5.1 or later) without requiring any additional configuration, and lets you browse, share, collaborate, and present your video clips in a totally new way.
The app will allow you to use your iPad as a review workstation for your Final Cut projects. By establishing a connection over WiFi, 3G, or VPN and direct connections, you can browse and discover assets and share and collaborate on video clips. The app requires no additional server configuration and works with the Final Cut default proxy. You can also add annotations and edit metadata within the app. This is definitely an app all Final Cut Pro users will love you have in their arsenal. A full list of features below.
* Search and discover assets.
* No server configuration required.
* Supports the default Final Cut Server proxy setting.
* Directly download and view clip proxies.
* Change asset metadata
* Clip timecode display
* Supports direct and VPN network connections over Wi-Fi and 3G
* Respects permission sets based on your login
* View and add Final Cut Server annotations
ClipTouch 1.0 is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.[iTunes Link]