Dropbox has been updated and now supports the upload of video in HD [1.2.4 (+) – 4.6 MB – Free]. Were able to record 720p HD video on the iPhone 4 directly in its Dropbox.Dropbox for iPhone goes version 1.2.4. Dropbox 1.2.4 comes with HD uploads for iPhone 4 and bug fixes. Complete list of features and Full change-log after the jump…
To do this, simply go to the settings of the application and select the quality for HD video. Any recorded video from the application (by clicking on the button [+]) will be uploaded in HD 720p. By cons, videos recorded outside of Dropbox and that we would choose to upload that will do 640×480, due to limitations of iOS.
For those who don’t know, Dropbox is the easiest way to sync and share your files online and across computers.
1Password Pro was also updated, precisely to allow the management of synchronization via Dropbox [3.5 (+) – 7.7 MB – 11,99 €]. So far, to synchronize its 1Password keychain, you had to go through a WiFi sync.
Dropbox App Features:
- View photos, videos, documents, and presentations in your Dropbox on the go.
- Save photos and videos taken with your iPhone’s camera to your Dropbox, including HD videos on your iPhone 4!
- Share and send files via email, or copy and paste links to share with another app.
- Export Dropbox files to other iPhone and iPad apps.
- “Favorite” files to download them for fast, offline viewing.
- Swipe your way through photo galleries
- This app requires a Dropbox account. If you don’t already have a Dropbox account, the app will allow you to create one for free.
What’s New In Dropbox 1.2.4
Photo & Video upload quality changes:
- ‘Camera’ settings section renamed ‘Upload Quality’
- Add ‘HD’ setting for iPhone 4 devices (supplements ‘High’, which now produces 640×480 videos on all devices)
- ‘Video Quality’ now affects videos selected from Photo Library (videos selected from library cannot exceed ‘High’ quality of 640×480. ‘HD’ affects newly
recording videos only)
Passcode locking changes:
- Present lock screen more aggressively on devices that support multitasking by default (after no more than 1 minute using another app, down from 5
- Added ‘Require Immediately’ passcode setting to force immediate presentation of passcode entry if user leaves Dropbox app even for a moment
- Resolved inability to export favorites files (existed on iPhone and iPods running iOS 4 only)
- Resolved audio playback stopping after phone goes to sleep
You can download Dropbox fro iPhone from the App Store for Free! [iTunes Link]
It is now possible to go Dropbox (which means you’ve placed your keychain 1Password on the Mac in your Dropbox) to sync 1Password Pro iPad or iPhone, plus the WiFi option. We can therefore easily maintain multiple devices iOS, although we have managed to sync 1Password with Dropbox by placing the ring at the root. IPhone side, the application is more compatible with the Retina Display and improve its management of concurrency in terms of security of access, while the bookmarklet “Lookup in 1Password” for Safari is now compatible iPad.