iPhone Dev Team have released redsn0w 0.9.8b1 for Mac OS, you can now jailbreak developer version of iOS 5 beta 1 on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad and this version of jailbreak tool uses Geohot’s bootrom exploit to pwn all iOS devices but is tethered. A tethered jailbreak is not that bad and only requires you to rerun the jailbreak every time you completely power it off or restart it, means you have to connect your device with computer on every boot…………
iPhone Dev Team has released Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 for Mac to jailbreak iOS 5 beta and in below post you can find complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4, 3Gs, iPod Touch 4G ,3G & iPad. Please keep in mind this is tethered jailbreak meaning you have to connect to PC or Mac to every time you reboot your iOS device and also iOS 5 Beta only available to developers registered for Apple iOS Dev Programme also you will need to have UUID registered with Apple dev canter in order to install iOS 5 Beta on your iOS device. Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 is really for jailbreak app developers who want to fix their apps or start digging into iOS 5 features and users shouldn’t attempt to install or jailbreak iOS 5 as this is still in beta stages and very buggy at the moment.
- Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 supports iOS 5 Beta on Mac
- It can continue to jailbreak iOS 5 Betas by pointing iOS 5 Beta 1 IPSW to Redsn0w 0.9.8b1
- Doesn’t hacktivate
- Unlockers and those preserving their unlockable basebands should stay far away from
Step guide to jailbreak iOS 5 with Redsn0w 0.9.8b1:
How to Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch & iPad:
1. Update your iOS Device to iOS 5 Beta using iTunes 10.5
2. Once you have updated to iOS 5 start Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 jailbreak tool
3. Click on Browse Button and select iOS 5 IPSW
4. Let Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 complete the IPSW verification process.
5. Now click on Next button to let Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 prepare jailbreak data. Upon completion Redsn0w will display a set of options.
6. Click on Next button, tun off your iOS device and plugin to computer
7. Click Next and follow on screen instructions to put your iOS device in DFU mode.
Press and hold Power & Home button for 10 Second and then release power button while keep holding home button for 25 seconds.
8. Now sit back and relax & let Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 complete the rest of the jailbreak process. It may take some time.
Once jailbreak process is completed your iOS Device will reboot, follow below steps to tethered boot to start using Cydia and other jailbreal appl.
How to Tethered Boot iOS 5 Jailbreaked iOS Device:
- Start Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 and click on browse button and select iOS 5 IPSW.
- Once Redsn0w completes IPSW verification process click on next and let it prepare for jailbreak data
- On Option screen page click on Uncheck Install Cydia option and check Just Boot tethered right now.
- Click on Next button and proceed as per intrusions.