The all-new update TinyUmbrella 5.0b1 is a supportive update to iOS 5 beta 1 and a few nag messages to be remembered by people who want to update their iOS 5 Beta 1. You have to disable two software; Request SHSH from Cydia and Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit, especially if you are facing issues saving SHSH. Cydia has decided to ramp down they will no more be offering their proxy service, may be they had enough and will continue to host SHSH and notcom has tweeted this news tidbit is currently working independently on getting this new software update to be integrated with SHSH. TinyUmbrella needs to be fixed for fix recovery operation when you are saving your baseband with TinyUmbrella and now this version is available for download……….
Notcom has released TinyUmbrella 5.00.00 which is now available for download and can save iOS 5 beta SHSH blobs for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. TinyUmbrella allows you to save SHSH blobs for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV right from Apple Server and also via Cydia. SHSH blobs are required to downgrade device firmware to an older version. Some of the untethered jailbreak tools like Redsn0w 0.9.7 also uses SHSH blobs to provide untethered jailbreak solution. In below you can find the blog post of TinyUmbrella:
TinyUmbrella now supports 5.0b1 for all devices. I’ve added a few nag messages to remind people to update their settings. “Request SHSH from Cydia” and “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit” should be disabled by users as soon as possible especially if you are having issues saving your SHSH. Cydia is ramping down it’s proxy service and will eventually offer it no more. It will continue to host SHSHs and I’m working on the new TinyUmbrella which will integrate with those new features.I’ll post updates here and on twitter.Also note that if you preserve your baseband with TinyUmbrella and go to 5.0b1, you will not be able to ‘fixrecovery’ until I am able to update it. Sorry – I just don’t have time to fix it at this moment.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS, 3G
- iPod Touch 3G, 2G
- iPad1, 2
- Apple stops signing firmware SHSH once a new firmware is out. Once Apple has stopped signing firmware SHSH requests for a firmware version there is no way to get your SHSH for that particular version.
- TinyUmbrella can now save iOS 4 SHSH regardless of whether your iDevice is jailbroken.
- You can save SHSH blobs for iOS 4 even if you’re on OS 3.1.3 or older.
- It does not matter what firmware version is on the device TinyUmbrella will get the currently signed firmware by default.
- TinyUmbrella saves the file locally AND sends the request to Cydia so Cydia will have the SHSH as well.
- If Cydia’s TSS server is down, your only option will be to use TinyUmbrella for restoring through iTunes.
- iPhone 3G and older devices including iPod Touch (Non-MC) users do not need to save SHSH blobs.
Download TinyUmbrella 5.00.00 (added Support for iOS 5 beta 1):