Introducing the new MacBook Air, the most Mobile Mac in every way, shape, and form. It features the latest-generation Intel Core i5 processor, high-speed Thunderbolt, all-flash storage, a full-sized backlit keyboard, Multi-Touch trackpad, a long-lasting battery and a high-resolution display. This MacBook Air isn’t thin on features at all. These advanced features are packed inside a unibody enclosure that’s light, thin, and strong enough to handle all your everyday tasks and then some, whether you’re on the couch, in a lecture hall, or at a conference. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Apple’s Thinnest Design Yet
- 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
- 128 GB Solid State Drive, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard:
- Hardware Platform: Mac
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
- Number of Processors: 1
- RAM: 4 GB
- RAM Type: SDRAM
- Size: 128 GB
- Type: Solid State
Cases and Expandability
- Weight: 8 pounds
The new MacBook Air is up to 2.5x faster than before. It features the latest Intel Core i5 dual-core processor, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O, a backlit keyboard, and OS X Lion, the next major release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. MacBook Air also comes standard with flash storage, so it boots up in seconds, launches apps quickly, and wakes from sleep in an instant. And a long-lasting battery powers MacBook Air for up to 7 hours and offers up to 30 days of standby time. All in a durable unibody design that’s thin, light, and ready for anything.
Flash Memory Storage
By replacing the standard spinning hard drive typically found in laptops (as well as desktop PCs) with flash memory, the MacBook Air delivers an almost instantaneous boot-up when you open the display, as well as faster application launches and snappier overall performance. Additionally, Apple has shed the enclosure that typically surrounds flash memory (usually about the same size as a standard hard drive), thus giving it a smaller footprint and helping to decrease the size of the MacBook Air.
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the MacBook Air, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You’ll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain up to six high-speed devices without using a hub. Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI, and VGA displays.
Glass Multi-Touch Trackpad and Backlit Keyboard
With the smooth, glass Multi-Touch trackpad, the MacBook Air makes it easy to navigate OS X Lion and your software applications. You can pinch, swipe or rotate images on the display screen with the brush of two fingers, or add more digits for a four-fingered vertical swipe to open Expose and quickly glance at all of your open windows.
In spite of its compact size, the MacBook Air has a full-size keyboard for comfortable, natural typing, and it’s backlit so you can keep typing in even the dimmest light.
Integrated FaceTime Webcam
You’ll be able to easily connect with friends, family, and business colleagues using the MacBook Air’s FaceTime camera, which is integrated into the thin bezel above the display. And with Apple’s FaceTime application, you’re not limited to video chats with other Macs–you can now make video calls to iPhone and iPod touch users (Wi-Fi connection required for mobile users).
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with a 1440 x 900-pixel resolution
- Up to 7 hours of wireless productivity plus up to 30 days of standby time
- 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor with 3 MB shared L3 cache.
- 128 GB flash memory storage
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; maximum capacity)
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor (with 384 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for an outstanding everyday graphics experience.
- Built-in FaceTime camera for video chatting
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice, and cell phones.
- Two USB 2.0 ports with networking using optional Apple USB Ethernet adapter
- SD card slot
- Thunderbolt port with support for up to 2560 x 1600-pixel resolution (compatible with Mini DisplayPort devices)
- Built-in stereo speakers along with omnidirectional microphone, headphone port
- Full-size keyboard with backlighting
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Dimensions: 12.8 x 8.94 x 0.68 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.96 pounds