Designed with mobility in mind, Samsung’s durable, ultra premium, lightweight Series 9 laptop (model NP900X3A-A02US) offers mobile professionals and power users a sophisticated laptop equally suited for work and entertainment. Featuring a minimalist look that is both simple and sophisticated, it’s highlighted by a dramatic enclosure made of super-strong duralumin. This Series 9 laptop also includes a brilliant 13.3-inch LED display with HD resolution, 128 GB Solid State Drive (SSD), 4 GB of system memory, and built-in 4G WIMAX capabilities. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Highly mobile laptop with brilliant 13.3-inch LED display and dramatic, arching duralumin enclosure
- Powered by low voltage Intel Core i5-2537M “Sandy Bridge” dual-core processor; 128 GB Solid State Drive; 4 GB of RAM
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0; WIMAX 4G capabilities
- 1 USB 3.0 port, 1 USB 2.0 port; MicroSD slot; 1.3-MP HD webcam; up to 7 hours of battery life
- Pre-loaded with Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) and Office Starter 2010
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
- Number of Processors: 2
- RAM: 4 GB
- RAM Type: SODIMM
- Size: 128 GB
- Type: Serial ATA
Cases and Expandability
- Size (LWH): 12.9 inches, 8.9 inches, 0.62 inches
- Weight: 2.88 pounds
It’s powered by a second-generation, low voltage Intel Core i5 dual-core processor (“Sandy Bridge”), which provides breakthrough digital media management, content creation, and 3D gaming capabilities. With updated Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the latest Core i5 increases speed automatically for whatever you’re doing. And you’ll enjoy a rich set of new features for a stunning and seamless visual PC experience with no additional hardware.
This Series 9 comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Professional operating system. You’ll also experience new ways to deliver your best work with Office Starter 2010.
Duralumin, the New Definition of Lightweight
The Series 9 laptop features the dramatic duralumin enclosure complete with arching curves and remarkable durability. Typically found in advanced aircrafts and offers construction quality, duralumin is twice the strength of aluminum, despite being light in weight–and helps keep the Series 9 laptop under 3 pounds.
The naturally flowing design takes cues from the sleek styling and sophisticated beauty of a premium sports car. The silhouette evokes thoughts of speed and performance with an ultra-thin 0.64 inch profile. Additionally, the naturally flowing arch maximizes the laptop’s ergonomic appeal, making it easier to use and a natural fit for the human grip. Elegant from every angle, the Series 9 also includes backlit keyboard, a brilliant LCD display screen and a large multi-touch SuperButton clickpad.
See Vivid Content, Wherever You Go
If you live for the latest HD movies and games, then Samsung’s SuperBright screen, with 400nit brightness, will transform your mobile experience. You can enjoy HD movies, games and other favorite media even when viewing in direct sunlight with no annoying reflections.
The 13.3-inch Series 9 has a state-of-the-art Intel Core i5 processor so you get optimized power management when you are playing the latest 3D games, editing and compressing large-size photos or HD video, or multi-tasking. It has Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 which accelerates your PC’s performance by intuitively allocating CPU processing power when you need it the most.
128 GB Solid State Drive
A 128 GB solid state drive (SSD) provides plenty of storage, lower power consumption and improved performance with less noise and heat output. The chance of losing data is also decreased due to the SDD having no moving parts. And it boots up 60 percent faster than a hard disk drive (HDD). You’ll get less power usage, faster data access and higher reliability.
Power Back up in 3 Seconds with Fast Start
You no longer have to shut down your Samsung computer, just close its lid and it goes into a special powerless sleep mode. When you open the lid your computer comes back to life in 3 seconds and you are exactly at the same place as when you shut the lid. Fast Start saves your data and system configurations to your hard drive and PC memory. So, when you power it back on it is just like you left it.
Longer Battery Life and Life Span
The Series 9 delivers mobility and freedom with its power efficient performance and extensive battery life of up to 7 hours. Its advanced Lithium-Polymer battery and Samsung’s innovation PowerPlus charging technology make the battery lifespan last up to three times longer than the typical notebook battery so you can keep going, without worrying how much battery life is left.
Samsung’s new multi-touch clickpad is stylish, user-friendly and convenient. It features a glass coating and image sensor, which means no more cursors disappearing or jumping around on the screen. This intelligent multi-touch gesture pad, which is located in the center of the palm rest, features 21 types of gesture support such as pinch, swipe, and rotate, and also has advanced 3D image sensing for intuitive navigation.
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit widescreen displaywith 1366 x 768 resolution and 400-nit high brightness.
- 1.4 GHz low voltage Intel Core i5-2537M “Sandy Bridge” dual-core processor for smart performance with a speed boost (2.3 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB L3 cache). It also includes Intel’s Hyper-Threading Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart multitasking. And it comes equipped with Intel Quick Sync Video, which provides accelerated encoding, decoding, and transcoding features (for converting video for portable players or online sharing).
- 128 GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB)
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 delivers built-in performance for casual and mainstream gaming with no extra graphics hardware needed.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capability provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It’s also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers).
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity provides faster throughput while minimizing on power requirements. It’s compatible with new Bluetooth 3.0-enabled devices as well as backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as printers and cell phones.
- 1.3-megapixel HD webcam
- Built-in stereo speakers (1.5 W x 2) with HD Audio
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
- Weight: 2.88 pounds
- Dimensions: 14.8 x 13.9 x 2.7 inches (WxHxD)
- Warranty: 3-year international warranty, 24/7 US-based tech support, and two way free standard shipping.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
- 1 USB 3.0 port, 1 USB 2.0 port
- Micro HDMI high-definition audio/video output
- Microphone input port plus headphone output jack
- MicroSD memory card reader
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)